Off topic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brown2501

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Everyone here wears work boots does everyone have the same trouble as me with laces not lasting. can not find a good pair that will last more than a month??

I've had pretty good luck with non-chinese leather ones.

I dont no what brands are the best but if you keep breaking them maybe you can make a set out of heavy duty nylon fishing leader or some strong rope. Just an idea that popped up into my silly brain.:D

i dont know what brand they are, ill check tomorrow,
but i use wax coated laces, last me around 4 months or so....

while working in the woods one morning with a broken lace due to a stick and a good fall and no extra, i used a length of starter cord for the saw ... works well and lasts forever!:msp_biggrin::bang:

Are they wearing out or is a eye rubbing them in two? I have a pair of chippewas that eat laces until I took some sandpaper to the eyes and smoothed out a burr in one.

Red Wing provides free lifetime laces.:msp_wink:

getting the laces isnt the problem, its having them last.
nothing pisses me off more in the morning then lacing up my boots and snapping the laces:censored:

I used to have that problem. Haven't worn lace-up shoes or boots in over 30 years.

It's all slip-ons for this ol' dog. :)

I am with ya Fred! If I didn't have to wear laces, I wouldn't! Since I have to, the best ones I have found are KG-Extreme kevlar boot laces.

550 cord...just pull the 7 white strings out of the center first...melt the ends together and voila

much more comfy than full 550 cord...probably gonna hafta tuck the bows into the top of your boots

I buy the most expensive Redwing steel toe boot that they carry for a 6" boot. I'm on yr # 3 with this set. Laces still good. But the dealer gives me new laces every yr when he shows. I have another pair at home in closet when these give way. I just replaced the insoles on them this last yr. They're so comfy! If they weren't so heavy I'd wear them like I wear my tennis runners...

I buy the most expensive Redwing steel toe boot that they carry for a 6" boot. I'm on yr # 3 with this set. Laces still good. But the dealer gives me new laces every yr when he shows. I have another pair at home in closet when these give way. I just replaced the insoles on them this last yr. They're so comfy! If they weren't so heavy I'd wear them like I wear my tennis runners...

i wear chippewa super loggers, i wear em all day everyday, theyre the only thing i wear, i have a pair of sneakers somewhere i couldnt tell ya the last time i wore them, after wearing there for so long i probably would know how to walk in something so light.

Back