Oh, look, a thing.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madhatte

It's The Water
Staff member
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
So, why would a nominally logical person such as myself go and remove oiler, chainbrake, dawg, and chain catcher from a perfectly functional 036 like this?

temporary-6.jpg

Well, it might be because I'm not going to use it as a chainsaw any more.

WHAAAA?!?!?!?!?!?

Yeah, I have this:

temporary-7.jpg

and here's the full-meal deal:

temporary-8.jpg

Don't know how many times I coulda used this thing.

So, why would a nominally logical person such as myself go and remove oiler, chainbrake, dawg, and chain catcher from a perfectly functional 036 like this?

temporary-6.jpg

Well, it might be because I'm not going to use it as a chainsaw any more.

WHAAAA?!?!?!?!?!?

Yeah, I have this:

temporary-7.jpg

and here's the full-meal deal:

temporary-8.jpg

Don't know how many times I coulda used this thing.

Salt water fishing?

Something to remember, that thing can and will twist. It works very well though. better than most would think.

Neat. I would like one of the rope winches. I can't remember the name but its the type with a spool that you wrap rope around and as long as the ropes tight it pulls, as soon as you slack the rope it spins without pulling. The big advantage in my eyes is not being handicapped by a cable that is X feet long. If you had 800 feet of rope you can pull it all.

Neat. I would like one of the rope winches. I can't remember the name but its the type with a spool that you wrap rope around and as long as the ropes tight it pulls, as soon as you slack the rope it spins without pulling. The big advantage in my eyes is not being handicapped by a cable that is X feet long. If you had 800 feet of rope you can pull it all.

It was called a "cat head" in the oil-patch way back in the 70's when I was there.

Nice! I recently picked up a used Lewis winch. I bolted it up to a J-red 2071. The cable was kinda haggard so I replaced it with Amsteel Blue rope. It'll probably be springtime before I get to try it out.

Latest posts

Back