Oh no, not another poll from Windthrown! Which gas?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which gas do you use in your chainsaw(s)?

• Super

Votes: 98 64.5%
  • Mid-grade

Votes: 16 10.5%
  • Regular

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • Av-gas

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • Anything in a gas can

Votes: 5 3.3%

• Total voters

windthrown

361 Junkie
Reaction score
Which gas do you use? GF complains about me insisting on using super in the saws here. Says all the county employed people use regular in the county owned MS290s. I say these are my saws, and they get super. The county can get their 290s fixed after they fail from pre-ignition.

Straight corn whiskey for my saw.......a little for me,little for the saw....little more for me....ummm......what was this about?

:laugh:

I use what the manufacturer suggests.....89 octane.......new to all this tho....

I use mid-grade in my 365 and Av in the 395.

But then you also gotta ask yourself are you really getting the grade of gas you think you are?:rolleyes:

I use TORCO 110 mixed at 40:1 in my Dolmar, and 93 in all my other saws also mixed at 40:1.

I am lucky enough to live just 1 town over from where they make TORCO race fuel, and they also refine all their regular, mid-grade, and premium fuel as well, and they don't use ethanol, or any other $hity additives.

Twinkle, the Barbie Saw, and Old Sparkless prefer super. But I live in a very very small community and sometimes the super does not exist. Then the saws have to make due with the next grade down. I prefer a double mocha or sometimes celebrate with a double caramel macchiate or however you spell that kind of snooty coffee drink. So, I can't check any of the boxes.

Av-gas when I remember to take some home with me. Mid range otherwise. Doesn't seem to make a lot of difference. Plugs last about as long with either one and there isn't any carbon problem if the carb is set right.

The High Grade seems to be the one without ethanol in this area.

The few cents I would save going with lower octane fuel with ethanol just doesn't add up to much. Maybe some of you guys that are going 24/7/365 the cost savings might be worth it.

I prefer a double mocha or sometimes celebrate with a double caramel macchiate or however you spell that kind of snooty coffee drink.

Ah, woman after my own heart.. I treat myself to a quadruple venti caramel macchiato once every 6 weeks or so. Too pricey for even once a week tho.

Ian

I use the non alcohol grades in all my two stroke engines. Cars can have the 'whiskey' fuel! I don't mind buying super (93 octane) for the saw because I use so little saw gas that the difference in cost between it and the sub grades would not by me a cheese burger at the end of the year!
:clap:

Gas eh?

not sure, but wouldn't one think that for something like a saw that really doesn't burn all that much gas using the premium would be the way to go??? Even if a saw burns 2 gallons a day that's only say $1 a day tops difference. Wouldn't everyone agree that this is about the cheapest way to keep your saw tip top from the start??? I know for me it's w/out question... A wise man once told me, "You get out what you put in..."

:cheers: eh?

Straight corn whiskey for my saw.......a little for me,little for the saw....little more for me....ummm......what was this about?

Just like Cookin' with Justin Wilson

High octane for everything, boat, truck, wifey's car, etc.

I'm on a Mobil kick.

Mobil 2T and

93 octane from the local Mobil station/bait shop/sporting goods and liquor emporium.

Aquafina for me because I'm behaving myself for the new year.

Latest posts

Back