Oh no, not another poll from Windthrown! Which gas?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which gas do you use in your chainsaw(s)?

• Super

Votes: 98 64.5%
  • Mid-grade

Votes: 16 10.5%
  • Regular

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • Av-gas

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • Anything in a gas can

Votes: 5 3.3%

• Total voters
VP race gas,allways have a fresh barrel for an old vintage supermodified i got from my dad,saws love the stuff,burns clean smells great!

Amoco ultimate, 92 octane here, mixed 50:1 wil Echo Powerblend.

For the amount of mix I have time to run in a year I spend any extra $2.00 max / year.

Torco 100 octane no lead, I have never run this in my saw but my Mustang likes it. Time to up the boost again

I use 92 octane Husky XP 40:1 to 50:1 never had problems with the husk oil

Last edited:
Chili a couple dozen hard boiled eggs and a six pack of good ol' Schlitz'

Yeah boy that's the ticket.........even makes the dogs cry:cry: :cry:

Oh yeah 92 octane and Stihl Ultra 50:1

Cam2 once in awhile.

Super-it's 91 Octane here.Mid is 89 and reg 87.A few years back when it was just Supreme and Regular they were 91 and 89.When mid grade came along people assumed it was halfway in between but was actually the same as the old reg which just dropped even lower.We don't have ethanol-yet but the Supreme generally is more of a witches brew with cleaners,stabilizers,deicers and such added to it.Better stuff imo.

Amoco ultimate 92 octane and Stihl oil 50:1 :cheers:

I got a bunch of sixpacs of Husky oil for Christmas, gave them away.

Putting anything Husky in or on my STIHL's just wouldn't be..... civilized.

Gas????

:fart:
Heheheheheheh.

---------------------------------------------------------

100 LL Av Gas w/mobil 2T at 49.6003241:1 :D

LOOOOOVE the way it smells. :cheers:

I might raise a stink but, unless the manufacturer (not the dealer)advises higher octane run the cheap stuff it is money better spent to run synthetic oil. I have been a master mechanic for 25 years. On my mustang I run premium cause it is modded. I used to play with RC gas boats:cheers: 2 of them I ran on cheap fuel, 1 monster I had to run cam2 race fuel the little guy was spinning at 16,800 rpm:jawdrop: I had it ported, degreed, cryoed and it was running on the ragged edge. I miss having that much dissposable income:rockn:

I might raise a stink but, unless the manufacturer (not the dealer)advises higher octane run the cheap stuff it is money better spent to run synthetic oil.

I think the owner's manual says 89 or better. No regular. Most here run premium, but most here are also more "into" their saws than the average homeowner.

Ian

Super at the moment but thinking of switching to VP C12. I always have some fresh mixed for the bikes and I don't burn enough in the saw to keep it's mix fresh. Always end up dumping the old in the mower and mixing a fresh batch. If I do switch I'll be using Dumond Tech DTP oil and have been holding off until I have a few gallons run through the saw.

:clap:

The BEST, Alkylate Gas

attachment.php

:greenchainsaw:

93 octane, locally-blended and alcohol-free. I only mix 1 gal at a time to keep it fresh. Just switched to Dolmar-branded oil when I got my 5100, will run that for the warranty period at least. Every 3 weeks to a month, any unused mix goes into another can for use in the trimmers and blowers.

Careful. your blower is far more sensitive to old gas than your saw! Blowers are continous (usually full) power devices... however... with good gas.. 90 days is fine for anything..

Careful. your blower is far more sensitive to old gas than your saw! Blowers are continous (usually full) power devices... however... with good gas.. 90 days is fine for anything..

Yeah, I don't usually have much left from the saws, if I'm cutting like I need to...

The old old gas gets used to start fires, never use any gas older than 3 months in engines. I think the stabilizer keeps it good enough to that point. Been using the big torch to get fires going lately, gas is too expensive to start fires with anymore...

Back