Oil Mix Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

db113

Reaction score
I have a Stihl 031AV and just got a Dolmar 111.
My Stihl uses an oil-gas mix of 50:1 and I always use Stihl oil. The fuel cap on the Dolmar saw says Mix Oil + Fuel 1 + 25. That sounds like twice as much oil to gas than is required by the Stihl. Will I need to have two different gas/oil mixtures for those two saws? Or, can I just use the extra oily mix in the Stihl and still be ok. I definitely don't want to damage the Stihl but wouldn't I just get a little extra smoke when using the extra oily mix? Or, would there be potential for serious damage?
Thanks!

New oils

Mainly, the newer oils lube alot better than the older ones bro. The Spec for the 031 was actually at 40:1 with Stihl oil when they first came out, but that oil was much different from the newer oils... The Dolmar 111 is also rated at 40:1, not sure why that's on there, but if you look at the acresinternet site you'll find alot of useful info on there... I'd run them both at 40 or 50:1 and not worry a bit. I run my older saw around 50:1 with Synthetics and 93 octane. It's cheap enough for just sawing. Link below guy. :cheers:

Cheers eh?

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/GasbyManufacturer?OpenView

BTW: Your better off posting this in the Chainsaw thread wayyyyyy down below this section. You'll get more attention dude.

Back