oil pump for stihl 056 super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ltrr1971

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I believe that I have went through my second oil pump for my 056 and was wondering if anyone on here knows of the cheapest place to get a replacement and if there is a sure way to tell that the pump is bad. I blew out all the oil lines and cleaned up the pump, but it only pumped to the bar for about five seconds. I am also looking for a pump for my 009 stilhl too. Thanks.

I can't speak to the 009, but every 056 I've had has had at one time, a leaky and/or failed oil pump. I just bought an extra one, but I'm getting out of the 056 game. I found mine on ebay. A guy I regularly deal with (cheapstihlparts) usually has them on there. $35 I think. You could ask Dean (klickitatsacket on here, his store is Washington Hot Saws on ebay) Quite often he's got 056 parts available on ebay.

Gimme a couple of weeks and I'll know if I'm going to need it for the 056 Super I'm getting ready to sell on ebay. If I don't need it, I'll make you a deal on it. If you need it faster than that, I understand. But that saw is in pieces right now, and I'm waiting for a couple of parts before I can get it back together, and run it and make sure everything works before I sell it.

Jeff

I have always used the premium bar oil sold by the stihl dealer that I do business with. after reading through the various forums here I think that the oil pump with the 056 is a weak area.

wow that is strange to loose 2 pumps on a 056 but I guess some one had to draw the short straw. Usually it is the gears that go if anything. If all else fails and you can not find one let me know. I have a few on the shelf. Please go in order of every one else though that offered first. I do not want to step on any ones toes or cut in line.

pump

Can't say they are any worse than any other model. Gears would strip if left outside in very cold weather, but the pump would be OK.
Pump from 031,032,045,056,038,042,048 will work.

Latest posts

Back