Oil ratio

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marc1 - over time the acetone will destroy your fuel hoses and internal carb check valves... I use it to dissolve old fuel hoses that are stuck to the bottoms of tanks...

Lakeside53 said:
Marc1 - over time the acetone will destroy your fuel hoses and internal carb check valves... I use it to dissolve old fuel hoses that are stuck to the bottoms of tanks...

At 0.225% it will not do that ever.
Some people have experimented with car fuel lines and carby parts and soaked them in pure acetone for weeks with no ill effect.
A fuel hose that has decomposed liquified and glued to the bottom of the tank will dissolve in any other solvent too, including petrol.

I thought the oil ratio was more down to the oil you use than the engine it is used on. I am using stihl oil at 40:1 on all my 2 stroke machinery including 045 and 056 that used to run on 20:1 with the oil available in the eighties. I don't use them often enough to be sure, so someone please let me know if I am on the wrong track before the old stuff gets toasted.

Big feller.

You are safe. Go by the oil you buy, just make sure you buy a decent oil.

Most of your good oils out there mixed at 40:1 or 50:1 will be just fine on any of your 2 cycle equipment. Outboard obviously a little different.

Back