OK so do I really need it? Or do I just want it???!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockjock

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Locally there is a MS 460 That I have serviced in the past that the owner wants rid of. The saw checks out in great shape and runs at it should. Carb is unmolested and the 20" bar and chain is in good nick. 350.00 for this. By sheer coincidence I have a MS 290 and a MS 270 that I am selling so I would be getting this saw for free and pocketing 200.00 cash. I already have a super running MS 440 and it is pretty much all I need for what I have to cit but this idea of procuring the 460 has me tempted. Looking at my signature it is clear I am not left wanting for saws.. but... Gentlemen PLEASE talk me off the ledge or tell me to jump...

Sorry, I'm pushing you off the ledge. GET IT

If you plan on keeping the 20" bar on it it's probably not going to be much better than the 440. But if you find the need for a longer bar, say 24-28", maybe even 32" skip...the 460 makes sense.

Aw, what the hell...just buy it! You may end up sending the 440 down the road.

That's a killer deal! I prefer the 044 or 066. 046's gettin little love at my house. That being said I would definitely buy that saw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's what I do now in these cases: first I sell the old equipment and then, after I have the cash, I buy the new one.
Yes, I'd really like to have a new top handle, but I can live without it now and I have a freshly restored MS290 that isn't selling, so it will have to wait.

Buy it, if you have regrets later you can flip it and make a few bucks.

Sounds like a deal with little risk as you can flip it at a later date. I bought a Husky 460 a couple of years ago, used it heavily one summer and fall, and then sold it when I bought my MS461. Total cost to me was zero, and I still get thanks from the neighbor that I sold it to.

Do i really need 10 chainsaws? No. But i do.

Do you really need that saw?
No. But..........

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

simple, with a 460 or 044/440 is hard to miss the mark-- just one of those saws that are timeless , a good deal on one is very hard to pass on---

Latest posts

Back