Ok so I've finally done it.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the carb suggestions but the problem is definately not a dirty carb. When I had the original problem, which was having the saw stop and refuse to start once warm, I began with the carb and stripped, cleaned and reassembled it 3 times. I also replaced the plug. When the problem was still there I took the saw to the shop where they had a coil tester and they found that as the saw got hotter the spark got weaker until it disappeared altogether only to return as the saw cooled. Hence the coil being replaced and the new one having the low rev limiter. I had no problems getting through my logs before when the saw reved a fair bit higher. Now, with the 42in. bar buried almost completely in the logs the saw wont cope with it. Other than changing coils and crank I'm stuck with the rev limit I have so I'm looking to get power other ways. One of the first things I will do is get the saw 'clocked' to see exactly what rpm it is doing and then maybe tune it when it is in the wood under load. But after knowing what the saw is capable of I will be dissappointed to settle for anything less. There are plenty of guys out there who race these saws so they must have a complete list of mods that can be done to get the most power from them. Then it's a matter of balancing desire for power with $ in wallet.

Back