Oldirty North American Tour 08

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am flying out. i did my math and at 4600 or so miles to Anchtown it would be about 101 stops for fuel and at 100 bucks a tank that would be around 10K in fuel alone. i would loved to have taken 2 weeks to driv out that way but it would not make any economic sense. man that drive would be a bear but a good one nonetheless.

Something here doesn't add up, you must be getting more than 46 miles to a tank. I figure my truck at 18mpg and gas at $3.50 a gallon would be under $1000.00 for that same trip. You might want to take another look at this.

Something here doesn't add up, you must be getting more than 46 miles to a tank. I figure my truck at 18mpg and gas at $3.50 a gallon would be under $1000.00 for that same trip. You might want to take another look at this.

Even our F-350 at 12 MPG and $4.00 / gal for diesel would only be around $1,500. And it's big enough to camp inside on the way out...

After you move, when later you start looking at other places too, don't leave Washington out of the loop.

I'm fond of Oregon, but really like stuff in Washington - the parks. Seattle does not excite me, but Vancouver, WA is a nice little town across from Oregon.

The Olympic National Forest is on my to-do list up in Washington later this year, whether autumn or winter.

If you have your digital camera, and happen to fly in daylight, you might get some nice aerial photos on your way up there.

what?

cmon. only that much? 400 into 4600 is 11.5 x 100=1150.

hahahahaha i am retodded. mustve thrown an extra 0 in there.

some college fellas, some college. LOL.

ok so help me out here. call it 1200 in fuel and tolls? thats not too bad at all.

my sis works for an airline.........so i can get a first class at shy of 800 or an economy seat for 600ish.

if i drive my own rig out then i can see the land....................
flying is easy..............

this sudden math lesson has thrown my travel arrangements up in the air.

what do you boys think? my last day is the 4th and i want to be out there by the 14th. no later than the 16th.

this has the potential to become a legitimate rock tour!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

thanks for my basic math skills help by the way. much appreciated. lol

he's my best bud but we both know where his home is.

ive left him behind for too long of stretches over the past few years to pull up the stakes on him and take him with me now. plus LB is getting older. i dont think he would adjust as easily as he would if he was a pup.

and my main focus will be on work. going to be putting in too many hours for him to sit somewhere new with nothing for familiarity.

i'm not happy about it but its best for him.

It is roughly 85 hrs via the AlCan, if you do 12 hrs a day it is a 7 day trip. (is Hyw 11 still a pothole patchwork that will beat your kidneys to a pulp?

$55/night lodging (sleeping in the truck sucks in the cold)
$30/ day food

85*7=$602

What month are you leaving? Just wonder if snow could be a factor in your drive.

It is roughly 85 hrs via the AlCan, if you do 12 hrs a day it is a 7 day trip. (is Hyw 11 still a pothole patchwork that will beat your kidneys to a pulp?

$55/night lodging (sleeping in the truck sucks in the cold)
$30/ day food

85*7=$602

at least the 602 and around 1750 in fuel. about 600 gallons x 3.50/gal. looks like i am going to go for a ride on da plane.

oh well.

at least the 602 and around 1750 in fuel. about 600 gallons x 3.50/gal. looks like i am going to go for a ride on da plane.

oh well.

Not to mention that 12 hours on the road for 7 days straight is a crueling pace.

IF you had 2 weeks or so it would be worth the adventure.

God speed your way oldenali. Enjoy yourself, but don't forget to write.

I'll make it up there someday.

Flying is the way to go. Unless you had a buddy or two to split the money and give you somebody to talk to. Your packing lite. So just get there and start enjoying the fresh air.

Enjoy it, if I didn't have a couple kids at home and a good job I would go back in a heartbeat. Keep us jealous people posted! :cheers:

Back