Oldirty North American Tour 08

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oldirty, you get where you`re going you check in here & let us know you made it safe & put up some pic`s if ya can!! Man I dont know if I could leave my dogs!!

LXT................may he be with you!!

Dang oldirty, i'm a little jealous! I wish you the best of luck!

cmon out for the season with me bud. i think he has room for one more! imagine the production that would come out of that wrecking crew?! wow.

you married or have any kids? you own a house? if not take the trip man! cmon out!

lol

thanks fellas.

at least the 602 and around 1750 in fuel. about 600 gallons x 3.50/gal. looks like i am going to go for a ride on da plane.

oh well.

Good luck to ya.
I hope you don't have as much adventure as I had coming from AL to CA. But I survived it and and would not trade the experiance for anything.
I am a little jealouse also. I was working on a plan to go to Alaska this spring, but it feel through.

Last edited:
Congrats there man. Way sweet I have a bunch of good buddies that are stationed up in AK they love it. The wife and I trying to get up there. You are in the choose few to get to go up there and get paid for it. Good luck and keep us up to speed.
Jared

cmon out for the season with me bud. i think he has room for one more! imagine the production that would come out of that wrecking crew?! wow.

you married or have any kids? you own a house? if not take the trip man! cmon out!

lol

thanks fellas.

First of all congrats oldirty on making the decision to head up there, I've visted the Yukon once for a couple days and boy are you in for a treat! I just finished reading this whole thread last night, and saw the invitation for a 4th crew member there and thought about inquiring further, however I just took a new job as a climber starting tommorow with a local crew here in Barrie so decided not to bother, even though I would love the opportunity. Then oddly enough, last night I had a dream that I moved to Alaska - just that dream put a grin on my face when I woke up. So as soon as I was cleaned up and fed I sat down here to write this. I'm 22 years old, and just graduated from a Forestry program last August, where I was introduced to climbing. I have my own gear now and have been swingin around on rope for the last couple of months. By no means am I an expert climber, but I have the attitude and drive to become one and would really like to work with a good crew where I can bust my ass and learn everything that is offered my way. I've got nothing tie'n me down here but a crappy dodge neon :dizzy:. I could get myself out there without a problem and I'd be getting off the plane with the same stupid grin i woke up with thismorning. Oh and don't take my avatar too seriously, I don't spend all my time upside-down on a keg, I know when to work and I work hard when its time! If this is actually a possibility then PM me at your earliest convenience, otherwise congrats and good luck! I'm jealous!

Did you make it to alaska yet?

lol.

not yet bud. looks like i am going to be flying the 15th. tuesday.

last day at AC was a little sad for the boys though. i think they are going to miss some of the shenanigans. although i did leave a 20$ on the board for coffee one last time.

this week i pack and square stuff away.

15th i'll be on my way.

alrighty boys, wish me luck.

flight leaves at 6am to newark and then onto seattle and then onto anchtown!

woooooo!

Good luck Oldirty... enjoy the sights on your flight to what I consider paradise...

Are we there yet????
What's the latest in this saga?

I've been to Alaska on a cruise in September '94, did the kayaking on the salmon inlets, helicopter on the glacier, rafting the mendenhall glacier meltwater, floating through the Chilkoot bald eagle reserve, mountainbiking....oh somewhere

Size, grandeur, glaciers, BIG trees, raw nature...trip of a lifetime!

Good Luck oldirty!

by the way,you're insane if you don't catch salmon season in the summer! insane i say! you will never experience fishing like that anywhere else.get a guide,i believe it's required.you won't regret it!

:clap:
by the way,you're insane if you don't catch salmon season in the summer! insane i say! you will never experience fishing like that anywhere else.get a guide,i believe it's required.you won't regret it!

Guides are not required, but a permit (license) is. There are some great salmon streams (rivers) on the Kenai Penninsula (south of Anchorage). Try to find someone that can lead you to areas that are not overcrowded "combat fishing" zones. In that one area are the Russian River, the Kenai River and the Kassilov River... all notable fishing destinations!

Been there... done that...:clap:

Latest posts

Back