Olympyk, Olympic, Oleo Mac, Emak, Efco, Blitz, Folux, Spartan, Spartacus thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well thats only 1cc differance. The Deluxe comes in at 59cc and the 264 F is 61cc. A 272 comes in at 66cc's.A whopping 6cc's disparity. I would want to say that the Italians were naming these saws after Holiday, but they were made to good so I'm pretty sure they weren't made by someone hungover.LOL!

Its been a while since I've seen a Rancher in action, but that Deluxe should spank one. I know my 264F running a 20 incher would. I'm gonna have to break that old girl out soon and run it against my 2065. Like I said its close to it in performance.

I wonder what the difference is between the 264F is and the 264F Deluxe. Can't be too much. What year is yours? My Rancher is a 56cc and my Oly is a 61cc. They both are very close with sharp chains. Here's my saw. Posted this vid a few days ago.
[video=youtube;Ia_9awMyJ2Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia_9awMyJ2Y[/video]

Just picked up this bad boy at the scrap yard. Is missing the clutch cover and air cleaner cover + filter. Could not pass her up for 5 bucks. Took her home and she gets great spark and 120 on the compression tester. Piston looks very good and the cylinder is nice. Kind of made me laugh because when I turned it onto the "off" position and hooked up my comp tester and pulled it over it was jumping sparks off the switch :laugh:. Hope to take it out tomorrow and see if I can get it running. Would not have picked it up if it was not a Olympyk. View attachment 271475View attachment 271476

couple of these were on the bay this week. may still be. parts......

Aftermarket efco cylinder kits now available.

Hey guys been a while...thought i'd pass this info along. I just bought an aftermarket oleo-mac/efco 962 cylinder kit(48mm) from dandrikop on ebay. Finally an aftermarket cylinder and piston kit for efco 156/956 AND 962 saws. When it gets here I will do a full review to let you guys check it out. Hopefully its not a "mako" brand. Got it for $80.10 plus shipping from greece to ohio. We'll see.

Hey guys been a while...thought i'd pass this info along. I just bought an aftermarket oleo-mac/efco 962 cylinder kit(48mm) from dandrikop on ebay. Finally an aftermarket cylinder and piston kit for efco 156/956 AND 962 saws. When it gets here I will do a full review to let you guys check it out. Hopefully its not a "mako" brand. Got it for $80.10 plus shipping from greece to ohio. We'll see.

I recently fitted a aftermarket oleo-mac/efco 962 cylinder kit(48mm) from dandrikop, I found the quality to be excellent ,but I didn't use the rings that came with the kit, I used Caber rings.
View attachment 272925View attachment 272926View attachment 272927View attachment 272928View attachment 272929

As in today? The one I was watching and waiting for an answer here as to whether someone else wanted a part from him before I ordered? SOB.

I will be waiting to hear about it.

It says its still there. The P/C from Deere is $240something if memory serves correctly. Efco's price is a little worse on the 62cc, better on the 56cc.

Crap I'm sorry Jeff. Answered your PM as soon as I checked my emails....:(

No worries. Main reason is I'm being more than a little cautious spending right now. You may have given me a reason to pull the trigger. Its a case of holding some in reserve just in case. Wifes wheels acted up a little today as I was asking you, so I'm probably better off waiting.

I'm trying to save by spending more now, rather than pay shipping three times.

No worries. Main reason is I'm being more than a little cautious spending right now. You may have given me a reason to pull the trigger. Its a case of holding some in reserve just in case. Wifes wheels acted up a little today as I was asking you, so I'm probably better off waiting.

I'm trying to save by spending more now, rather than pay shipping three times.

I hear you brother.:cheers:

Oil Pump 951

Have a nice 951. Runs very well. Replaced a few small parts (rope/chain adjust screw was bent...fixed now, fuel line/filter), cleaned and she fires up and cuts very well. Only thing wrong is it won't oil. Oil pump is cracked on the adjust screw housing and it won't work...094600339. Side case is fine, no damage (no leaks anywhere I can see, compression seems very good). I think it was dropped on a rock. Bailey's says they can get the part but it's a 2 month back order...I'm wondering if they can get it at all. Any ideas on where to get this pump? This is a strong 50cc saw and I'd like to use it. You guys know everything so I thought I'd start here...Tks.

Have a nice 951. Runs very well. Replaced a few small parts (rope/chain adjust screw was bent...fixed now, fuel line/filter), cleaned and she fires up and cuts very well. Only thing wrong is it won't oil. Oil pump is cracked on the adjust screw housing and it won't work...094600339. Side case is fine, no damage (no leaks anywhere I can see, compression seems very good). I think it was dropped on a rock. Bailey's says they can get the part but it's a 2 month back order...I'm wondering if they can get it at all. Any ideas on where to get this pump? This is a strong 50cc saw and I'd like to use it. You guys know everything so I thought I'd start here...Tks.

Can't see if its available until Monday. It says $55.20, some shipping above that. Maybe try the Chainsawr.com ad in the sponsor banner.
Let me know via PM.

Thats an oddball of an Olympyk. I had to check Acres site to see one. I was thinking you were talking about a 251. Nice looking saw for sure. Looks like the 264 Deluxe in a way. Can't help you with that part but it is a newer Oly so I would check with the Efco distributer in Wooster Ohio. You can get the PDF from them. They have gotten me parts before for my 999 which was made around that time.

Vibes...951

Oddball saw? Of course it is!....Thanks for the info. Emailed Wooster Power Equip. See if they come back w/anything I can use. Same oil pump as the 946 I think. Yes, very nice saw, in very good shape but it has to oil. If I can fix it I might sell/trade it to someone who really likes Oly's...I just want a good 50cc saw to use. It's strong and will be very nice once it oils....Tks again...

Oddball saw? Of course it is!....Thanks for the info. Emailed Wooster Power Equip. See if they come back w/anything I can use. Same oil pump as the 946 I think. Yes, very nice saw, in very good shape but it has to oil. If I can fix it I might sell/trade it to someone who really likes Oly's...I just want a good 50cc saw to use. It's strong and will be very nice once it oils....Tks again...

Or you could do what I first did when I first started using chainsaws. Had to clean up storm damage a long time ago. Had my Super EZ loaned out and all I had was a Homelite 330 that would not oil. So I would just dump bar and chain oil on the bar after every other cut. Long story short the bar stayed fine and the chain never wore out. I would not recommend that...unless your really desperate :laugh:

Spent some time tonight cleaning parts on my 264F Deluxe. It's cold out, and hanging out downstairs by the stove tinkering was just the thing to do.

It came to me with low compression, thanks to an air filter that was done filtering long before the saw was done running. Of course the bare spot was directly across from the intake:

attachment.php

The coil works fine, but I'm worried about the cracks on either side of the center post. Is there anything I can do to prolong it's life, or just run it till it pukes (hopefully a long time):

attachment.php

The pile of cleaned up/new parts. Thanks again to Jerry for the piston assembly, and Jeff for the rings.

attachment.php

...The coil works fine, but I'm worried about the cracks on either side of the center post. Is there anything I can do to prolong it's life, or just run it till it pukes (hopefully a long time):

nice saw steve. never fooled with trying to heal a crack in the coil. but it occurs to me that maybe a good, deep cleaning and judicious application of super glue may not hurt. then, maybe something like varnish, shellac, etc.
but what do i know. just thinkin.

Getting ready to split the case on the 264, mainly to make sure all the dirt it sucked in gets out before I put a bunch of shiny new parts on her. This will be my first splitting adventure, you guys got any tips, tricks, dos and dont's for me?

I've got a new case gasket on the way.

Getting ready to split the case on the 264, mainly to make sure all the dirt it sucked in gets out before I put a bunch of shiny new parts on her. This will be my first splitting adventure, you guys got any tips, tricks, dos and dont's for me?

I've got a new case gasket on the way.

Make sure you get out all of the case screws. I think there is one right by the choke assembly that is hard to spot. Or that might be a locating pin. Its been a little while. My 264F Deluxe runs like a brand new saw. The piston is scored up pretty good on the exhaust side but like I said it runs great. Someone must have ran it to lean. Anyways good luck with that saw. Those are damn good saws.

951 finished...for now

Got a nice little Olympyk 951 (1993 or later?)...49.8 cc...3.0 ci. Had to do some work on it: fuel line/filter (tygon), new chain adjustment screw (it was bowed...dropped), starter rope, oil pump (cracked on the bottom...from the drop I'm sure),air filter. Got the parts and it's back together and running well. Thought I had a problem but seems I forgot to atttach the impulse line to the carb!....Put that back on and it's running very well. Got it from my local VFD. Sat for 3 years w/a note: "broken pull starter"...AND filled w/gas and oil! (of course!)..Couldn't get the shellac smell outta the garage for about 3 days!.... Seems to be fine now...P/C look new...compression seems normal. Cuts well...very!....Stock settings as it's more or less a pre-EPA madated saw. Thought about a carb-kit but it's adjusting well and running right (cleaned everyting). I think it'll rival most good 50cc saws out there. Might trade it for a newer saw though as I really like the feel of my Stihls.....But it's a serious pro saw. Got my pump fm Wooster Power Equip. They got parts to me in less than 36 hrs!...Ordered on a Monday...arrived here Tuesday aft...That is service eh?..That's a go-to Efco dealer. Thought I'd offer some pics but dealing w/a newer version of Photobucket and they don't give me any sizes so I hope they're not too big!...
Oly9512_zpsd4adbde8.jpg

Oly9511_zpsf6b0f268.jpg

Back