One saw plan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

One saw plan

• 50cc and under

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • 60 and under

Votes: 35 32.1%
  • 70 and under

Votes: 52 47.7%
  • 80 and over

Votes: 16 14.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
385/390. This will handle 100% of my needs and I've got enough machismo to carry it all day. I don't have enough to carry a 395/660 all day without whimpering a little. I've got lots of stuff I wouldn't want to fall with a 60cc, and anybody who's seen be falling understands I need every advantage I can get

I know farmers who have kept their feilds clear and their stoves full for years with 028 stihls.

If I could only have one saw, I'd have a 361 and an 044. :)

46 for me with a 25 and a 32. Probably the closest to a do it all saw I have run. Imo, you would have to go around 70cc. Too far either way and you deal with weight or power considerations.

562xp or 555 you can use 16"-24"(occasionally 28" on the 562) they should cut just about anything you need it to.

Right now it would be a 70 to 80cc Stihl. If my shoulder or something else gets worse it would be a 50cc or less Stihl. Stihls design fits my body and seems to cover my overall chainsaw work picture the best,has the best parts availability,best resell value should I need or want to change models or quit chainsawing,and I trust their reliability more then most,as much as any brand I have had and used, or seen or have not seen used.:smile2:

40" hardwood is quite a pull, but 70cc is up to that task, but wouldn't want a saw much smaller than that. I would choose an MS 441 in today's market, but Husky, Jonsered and Echo would get it done equally as well.

wigglesworth;4306468[B said:
]I know farmers who have kept their feilds clear and their stoves full for years with 028 stihls. [/B]

If I could only have one saw, I'd have a 361 and an 044. :)

Any way one could prove that? :hmm3grin2orange:

One saw in 40 hard wood, huh. A 362 can do that on occasion and be easier to do smaller tasks with. I choose that!
However I just bought my first ever chain saw this week and after hours of research I chose a 441 m-tronic. Reason being where I will be scrounging for firewood there are bigger dropped 3-4 foot wide trees available and fewer 1-2 footers, for that reason I figure with a 441 I can have the extra power to buck & dice the larger rounds and get them on my truck and I can be faster and more productive in my wood scrounging and less likely I go home empty handed when everybody else has 362 or the smaller pro saw 261 if there lucky.
I dont know but I dont think a 460 or 660 is really that much bigger, just heavier. If a guy was 6'5" body builder in 30's get a 660, lol......

My vote is between 55-75cc pro model of coarse

Back