one ton dump or bigger????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

one ton or bigger

• Total voters
F750 with dump. Overkill? Probably. Will it work faster,and more effiecently? Yes. But you'd be amazed with some of the stuff I've done with a class 3 (F350)/7.3 PSD... I've moved a 20,000 lb track loader on a tag and hauled 6000 lbs of hickory... But, the drive had a class A CDL when we did that too tho. The 7.3 is a monster for a 3/4 ton truck... I't work about perfect for a one ton,and an 8.3C is nice with a big truck (F650 or 750)

But to answer your question, Yes a you should have moe than a 1 ton,but it will work.

We had a 1 ton dump w/pto that would dump anything you put in the bed it just didn't have the braking power to stop in emergency situations.
The GMC 7000's/Chevy c-65/70s are pretty simple to work on and lots of them are sitting around on farms and junkyards.
They're a PTA if you're loading by hand unless you have an old grain truck or flatbed that dumps. But you can be creative as wel to ease labor pains.
I prefer the dump and using a loader to load and you have the versatility of hauling dirt, rock,etc. to help pay for the higher plates and insurance.
Plus the bigger trucks set up properly can pull larger trailers/equipment another benefit.
On the older trucks just inspect the braking system for rust and leaks. I have a CDL and prefer air brakes over hydraulic or vacuum type.

Back