Our work is pretty rough, actually.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We raised Herefords, but on a hobby farm compared to you guys.
In high school, in the Summer, the local farmers would call the wrestling coach and ask for names. a core group would get passed around to different farms to bale and put up hay. Not the kind of setting you are allowed to slack in, even a bit. The farmers loved it, they weren't paying us squat, but we were the bale warriors!

I thank farm life for adequately preparing me for a career as a climber and pro schlepper of brush and logs.

CLEARVIEW said:
Dad taught us at a young age to hunt, camp,fish,and pretty much everything outdoors. We learned to castrate hogs, horses,cattle at age 6, fell timber at 7, and were ridin my dad's childhood shetland pony at age 3. Paw-Paw showed us that hard work payed off for those who wanted it. He said that you could have anything if you planned for it. He taught my twin and i to be very hard workers, and that's something we carry to this day.

And all that positive influence and upbringing you carry here to this thread.

I find that people who have an interest in the work, beyond just the hours for pay exchange, will work harder for the long run. It's good if they have that to begin with, because the intense labor aspect often tends to cancel out any developing interest as the job progresses. Not forgetting that you are learning as you are burning, can keep things in a positive perspective. That applies to myself as well. It is also pleasant to be able to discuss techniques, etc. during lunch or whenever, when their is genuine interest.

Latest posts

Back