Our work is pretty rough, actually.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to wrestling practice for a few weeks as a freshman, until I saw the rubber suit. I was going to have to go from about 175 down into the 150's, and I was already pretty lean. That is the wrong direction to go at that age, you should be growing not shriveling.

you fellas some little dudes. how you like hauling that big saw up the tree with you? lol

i used to see them wrestlers make'n weight, wasnt pretty. but gotta respect the effort to do it though.

whatyou know about "5 on 2" ? lol.

Don't laugh to hard that you can't breathe but I had an oxygen tank I used to bring along. I would pull a snort out of it and I would feel a little refreshed Nowadays I just take my time... which is going pretty fast anyway.

dont lie tman, you can tell the boys that was your nitrous tank. i bet you were a hit at them phish shows!

I wrestled at 155 in hs. I weigh 155, now, but have more muscle, now, than I did then. At 55, I think I'm in better shape than most of my old buddies, knock on wood :greenchainsaw: !

Wow, thats going back awhile now, 14-15 years ago. I was wrestling somewhere around a 130lb's my sophmore/ junior year by my senior year my priorities had changed. Now, today I weigh 177 but really have not put on any fat since high school, More muscle, less stamina. Can't have it all I guess, lol..

About 135-140 in HS, up to 195+ last year a little fat not too much, 165 now ripped. If I have the time I drop to 155 to compete. If I feel lazy I just do 165. I think my first NAGA was at 172 and that was too much weight. I did real well and rolled over a lot of guys at the world championship (4th place first comp not bad), but at 165 it is a joke, 155 is even better.

As for the little dude comment, I know it was all in fun, but I can't count the times I saw the 6' + dudes rolled over by the "little dudes". Last guy new at the gym is 6'4 (+?) and we started to roll at the end. I could tell he was thinking why am I rolling with this little guy (under 6'). His expression changed when he hit the mat on his back and was saying "holy shiite you are a strong little dude".

Some guys we work with now and again (southerners if you get what I mean) are like 5'4" etc and these guys are like mules. They lift 6' lengths of 2'-3' diameter logs like nothing. OVER and OVER.

Anyways, it's not about height and weight, it's about foot size haha. :lifter:

About 135-140 in HS, up to 195+ last year a little fat not too much, 165 now ripped. If I have the time I drop to 155 to compete. If I feel lazy I just do 165. I think my first NAGA was at 172 and that was too much weight. I did real well and rolled over a lot of guys at the world championship (4th place first comp not bad), but at 165 it is a joke, 155 is even better.

As for the little dude comment, I know it was all in fun, but I can't count the times I saw the 6' + dudes rolled over by the "little dudes". Last guy new at the gym is 6'4 (+?) and we started to roll at the end. I could tell he was thinking why am I rolling with this little guy (under 6'). His expression changed when he hit the mat on his back and was saying "holy shiite you are a strong little dude".

Some guys we work with now and again (southerners if you get what I mean) are like 5'4" etc and these guys are like mules. They lift 6' lengths of 2'-3' diameter logs like nothing. OVER and OVER.

the little fella comment was in good fun man but i gotta see this gym you hanging out in. the way i see it is that if you weigh the same amount as the wood i am carrying around the yard all day i am going to get you off your feet and carry you (whoever) around at my leisure.

14 for boot size too bud. lol

the little fella comment was in good fun man but i gotta see this gym you hanging out in. the way i see it is that if you weigh the same amount as the wood i am carrying around the yard all day i am going to get you off your feet and carry you (whoever) around at my leisure.

14 for boot size too bud. lol

That wood is just dead weight. A good wrestler uses leverage and balance over strength and will win that way every time. A guy that is good at takedowns usually likes big strong guys especially if they are pushing into him, he can use his strength against him.

That wood is just dead weight. A good wrestler uses leverage and balance over strength and will win that way every time. A guy that is good at takedowns usually likes big strong guys especially if they are pushing into him, he can use his strength against him.
Yes that wood is real dead weight, but a body likes to flail around and dosn't carry too well, but doable. It's funny man, that when my buddy mike and i grapple, i have more wind in me than when i stand and box.

i hear your deadweight claim but ,now i am only speaking from past experiences, that if your weighing in at less than 300lbs i am going to scoop you off your feet and bring said person wherever i feel like going.

nevermind the elbow, that'll make one sleepy.

(snip)

Today, one of my new guys, a "southerner," watched us lower a 6' length of 1' diameter Cedar Elm. When it came to earth, I grabbed my 192-T to buck it. The guy motioned "not necessary," and hoisted it up on his right shoulder and walked it to the trailer which was out the back yard and to the street, in front. He stands about 5'8" and probably weighs about 160 lbs. That limb had to weigh somewhere around 160 lbs., or more. I routinely see these guys do this, and it always amazes me. Oh yeah, he also stooped down to pick up a brush pile and drag that along with the hoisted limb.

Today, one of my new guys, a "southerner," watched us lower a 6' length of 1' diameter Cedar Elm. When it came to earth, I grabbed my 192-T to buck it. The guy motioned "not necessary," and hoisted it up on his right shoulder and walked it to the trailer which was out the back yard and to the street, in front. He stands about 5'8" and probably weighs about 160 lbs. That limb had to weigh somewhere around 160 lbs., or more. I routinely see these guys do this, and it always amazes me. Oh yeah, he also stooped down to pick up a brush pile and drag that along with the hoisted limb.

that right there was a classic example of brush dragging efficiency. nothing more that i hate (tree related) than extra and unneccesary cuts. its all in the balance anyway when it comes to moving them logs you talk about. did the little guy stand the log up and get under it at the halfway point as he hoisted it up? all in the balance.

i usually like to stack big brush piles and drag them to the chipper and the whole time i do it i tell the other guys "4 to your 1 pal." same thing with the wood. ya its not a race but dont let me work circles around you otherwise your going to end up a little frustrated with the verbal barrage that i hit you with. lol. not uncommon for me to be referred to as an ahole by a new guy.

"Oh yeah, he also stooped down to pick up a brush pile and drag that along with the hoisted limb."

Yep.

edit: oh yeah, size 16.

Last edited:
Now that we have a count of all the wrestlers here how many ex-rodeo people do we have? After HS I started riding bulls and that is how I actually got into tree work. A guy that I rode with some worked at a tree service and they were hiring for a climber. I was working construction at the time and was lookin for a change. I went to work and it all started from there. I met alot of other riders that did tree work too. Also met alot that were linemen. Tree work and rodeo both require the type that is a little nuts anyway, why else would we be doing tree work?

Now that we have a count of all the wrestlers here how many ex-rodeo people do we have? After HS I started riding bulls and that is how I actually got into tree work. A guy that I rode with some worked at a tree service and they were hiring for a climber. I was working construction at the time and was lookin for a change. I went to work and it all started from there. I met alot of other riders that did tree work too. Also met alot that were linemen. Tree work and rodeo both require the type that is a little nuts anyway, why else would we be doing tree work?

I went to a bar here downtown that has an electronic bull. The chicks ride it topless or in bras. I rode it with all my clothes on and the operator turned it up all the way. I think I lasted a few seconds, maybe 10-20 at most. Then, I hit the mat. Over by the bar - actually on the bar, you can then pay to get your arse spanked with a paddle by the chick bartenders. That's all I know about rodeo.

I went to a bar here downtown that has an electronic bull. The chicks ride it topless or in bras. I rode it with all my clothes on and the operator turned it up all the way. I think I lasted a few seconds, maybe 10-20 at most. Then, I hit the mat. Over by the bar - actually on the bar, you can then pay to get your arse spanked with a paddle by the chick bartenders. That's all I know about rodeo.

Now that sounds like fun, thanks for the immage of chicks topless on mechanical bull, its helping my attitude this morning. Lol. I might even go with the spanking, lol.

Back