out of all your saws which one

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Work with trees for a living so selling saws would take away my ability to earn but could drop my collection to three if absolutely necessary, 200t, 261 and 660. Hate borrowing and saws are tax deductible, I remember struggling in the early days with what could be scraped together and it's no fun. But they are just tools and, as Randy said, family comes first

Takin care of my family not only means food or money, but keepin the house warm and keepin the livestock in the fences. A chainsaw is a necessity to me.......
I agree 100%. If I sold all my saws, we would freeze during the cold 6 months. A saw can always provide warmth, and a bit more work can provide the means to barter firewood if need be. I would sell my truck and walk to town every day before I got rid of my last saw.

If I need the money to support my family....they are all gone.

Ditto. I'd keep at least one to make money with, but it would be used as collateral on whatever I could borrow for sure.

I would never part with my dad's 029. Not very exciting, but was the saw I started on as a kid, never let me down over the years no matter how much it was abused and I used it to do a ton of work for him over the years. Still cranks right up every time to the day. When he's gone that will be a reminder of simpler times for me.

I'll hang on to the 52e my old man gave to me. The saw that would "run a year or two till I could afford a new Stihl". It really grated his ass when I kept buying Jonsereds.

I cant think of any saw I have that I wouldnt get rid of. I'm not married to any saw.

Now if and when saws are passed down to me. Those wont go anywhere, neither will the guns. Family stuff stays all else can go.

My stihl 440, its easy enough to carry around all day and it has enough sac to push a bigger bar if need be. it was a tough choice cause my fav saw is my 360,but if i had to decide on the 440 cause of the power. Would pefer to have a 460 but i can't seem to get my hands on one yet.

My stihl 440, its easy enough to carry around all day and it has enough sac to push a bigger bar if need be. it was a tough choice cause my fav saw is my 360,but if i had to decide on the 440 cause of the power. Would pefer to have a 460 but i can't seem to get my hands on one yet.
theres a nice one in the classifieds. price was just reduced to 575.

Probably my 576xp at would be the last to go -- as I bought it new and probably use it the most.

The others are handy, but I can use a 70cc to do the work of the 40, 60 and 90......

Once again - you wouldn't freeze where I am in Tassie without heat, but winter wouldn't be fun - so I'd keep a saw, a 4wd and a trailer if I had to sell off "stuff".... of which I have an excess right now.

I'd never thought I would sell my 026, but I am, everything has a price tag on it. But with that being said I would probably keep my 441 over the rest, that will probably change once I run the 2188.

Right now I'd have to keep my 261 and 046. But I'm not too attached that I couldn't sell them if I had too.

which one would you NEVER sell for any reason,,, mine would be my ms170,,, reason for that I got it from tbone,, how I got it from him I won't tell,,, that little saw means the world to me
None of 'em!

If time were money no one would give me what i had in them.

I buy some real basket cases, but hey it's therapeutic.

I find much more joy resurrecting a junker than pulling one outta a box eh?

I'd sell any saw I own. They are just saws....

If I need the money to support my family....they are all gone.

Exactly. No matter how hard the CAD bug has bitten, if a friend or family member (or even me) needed cash for something really important or a serious health reason they would be gone as fast as i could get paid for them.
Same goes for all my climbing gear, welding gear, Drill press, Woodworking tools, Makita and Bosch Battery tools, 4x4 work utility ...etc... All this stuff i have accumulated over my life is not going to make me happy when the people i care about are not around. If i knew i had the means to help them out and did not all this crap sure isn't going to make me feel any better. When you are talking about putting food on the table or someones life they are all just things that are worth money.

Latest posts

Back