Pacific Northwest GTG (June 12-15, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the same boat. Lots to do! I've got the pioneer 700g ready to paint and final details, that will be worked on Saturday and Sunday (along with weedeating the jungle). Need to do a little more work on the poulan 5200. The castor 120 is running odd. I believe it's a carb issue, like a bad check valve , but I still have to figure it out and fix it. The 3120 and 3100g are ready and running hard. 088 needs a few new parts installed. And the 2101 is done. That's probably what I'm bringing this year, but Casey is bringing her ms180 so watch out wild thing!. I'm excited!

So far this year I haven't had to field any questions about food /drink situations but I guess that a few words should be said! Firstly, there has ALWAYS been plenty for all thanks to the efforts and generosity of our great GTGers but you are primarily responsible for your own self as long as you stay. We do provide a regular old style Weber, a gas BBQ, an open cut up water tank BBQ, the usual giant fire pit, coffee in the am, and there is a small microwave and refrigerator at the upstairs bar. There is a regular fridge with a freezer in the barn at the back door and the greenhouse has a sink with hot and cold running water. There is a regular outhouse by the gate and there is also the larger one and the outdoor shower with hot water next to the "SHACK" just by the main house. Use but don't abuse any of these as they are here for the PNG GTG experience at "Farleyville". Things are shaping up!......Bob

I also learned something about senior weight lifting today while replacing Golf Cart battery cables today! To Wit: Finely conditioned 78 year olds like myself are better at a 12oz vertical dead lift then attempting to do the same lift with a single 6volt Golf Cart battery! However it's done and the Cart is ready for it's usual duties! Hope I can say the same for my back!!!

I also learned something about senior weight lifting today while replacing Golf Cart battery cables today! To Wit: Finely conditioned 78 year olds like myself are better at a 12oz vertical dead lift then attempting to do the same lift with a single 6volt Golf Cart battery! However it's done and the Cart is ready for it's usual duties! Hope I can say the same for my back!!!

Now the dog can really do some damage.

Decided to get my TRUSTY LITTLE SIR ECHO weed eater out and start on the Senior Shade Center but the little guy had sprung a wire out of the top of the curved shaft and it had been sawing the clutch housing off from the inside. Almost got it too! Not one to shirk on quality I rushed down to Walmart and was able to get a straight shaft Murray Bump Head for $83. Murray is of course well known for the quality of it's bicycles and riding mowers so it should last at least this next week!

I arrived home from Japan around 10:00 PM last night, had most of what I needed already packed in the truck. Threw in a couple of bags today and hit the road. I will be in Omaha a couple of days then headed out west. Of course after I was an hour or so down the road I started to remember some of the things I'd forgotten to pack along. Hopefully I won't have to do too much in the way of repairs as I have a limited bit of saw tools in my regular traveling kit.

Mark

Village Inn is a good place. You are lucky. Big Bad Bob couldn't find a place he wanted so he has rented a trailer locally for he and Joan. It gets delivered and set up for him a little later this week. I think that's a clever solution that gets even better when you figure the fuel cost. I think he is going to use his diesel VW and he lives in Kamloops , Canada! One Smart Bob!

Back