Pacific Northwest GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
snip... I love saws, I do...but I am more interested in talking timber. I'll bring a few saws people can play with if they so choose. I'll teach some bucking techniques if anyone cares to listen to my madness, that has a "hanging up/cut out" problem lol. I kind of just want to sit in a chair and BS the old timers, fellow fallers, and learn more about the history of logging in your region. I know Jacob's family has deep roots not too far away. Should be a good time. ...snip
Thats why Id love to come to a GTG out there. Not much logging around here, and most of it is mechanical nowdays. I just imagine the wealth and knowledge at the upcoming GTG is going to be outstanding.
Maybe one day I can come up for a visit to the PNW?

Hey possum

You would be welcome anytime! By the way.....saw your 394 on youtube! Very nice!...:cheers:....I may not have it covered. There are some of my 288 there also............Bob

Thats why Id love to come to a GTG out there. Not much logging around here, and most of it is mechanical nowdays. I just imagine the wealth and knowledge at the upcoming GTG is going to be outstanding.
Maybe one day I can come up for a visit to the PNW?

Come on out. We've had people from Texas, Kentucky, Canada, even from England.

Farley,

Are you located on the Mackenzie River? My uncle spent a lot of time fishing that river. He raved about the fishing there. He was an avid fly fisherman before the Yuppies popularized it. He taught me how to fish that way.

Is the fishing still any good? Or have too many people "discovered" the river?

You would be welcome anytime! By the way.....saw your 394 on youtube! Very nice!...:cheers:....I may not have it covered. There are some of my 288 there also............Bob

Thanks, its only stock, but sure does like to sling chips. Ill check out the 288 later, cause Im bout to run out of time on the air card.

Im going to talk to my uncle about coming out to PNW, he has some family up there somewhere. I just dont know bout flying with my 394 :)
Anyways, I look forward to some pictures from the GTG

Slow P

I am right on the river and from time to time .....in the river! In 96 we had 4 1/2 feet in the garage. The fishing is still good! Concidering how close we are to the 2nd largest population center in the state it's still uncommon to see more than one or two other boats drifting the river most any day of the week.
Picture is how I spend time in the spring & summers between GTG's
:).....It's a tough life.......Bob

Thanks, its only stock, but sure does like to sling chips. Ill check out the 288 later, cause Im bout to run out of time on the air card.

Im going to talk to my uncle about coming out to PNW, he has some family up there somewhere. I just dont know bout flying with my 394 :)
Anyways, I look forward to some pictures from the GTG

If you want to come, there are people here who have either flown their machines or shipped them in advance... it's all do-able! (If course, I haven't paid close enough attention to recall how they sent the machines across the country)... also, from what I've observed on both coasts, the folks who attend are all generous in letting other people try out saws they've brought... Gologit even got me up & running with one of his saws!!!

I bet there are a few members out here with the same idea....it would sure be nice to harass them oldtimers a bit.....:hmm3grin2orange:

:hmm3grin2orange: Yup, but if you show up you'd be one of the old timers getting harassed. :)

Come on over the pond Roland...Ironbark isn't able to make it this year and we need somebody to represent Europe. Bring some beer.

If you want to come, there are people here who have either flown their machines or shipped them in advance... it's all do-able! (If course, I haven't paid close enough attention to recall how they sent the machines across the country)... also, from what I've observed on both coasts, the folks who attend are all generous in letting other people try out saws they've brought... Gologit even got me up & running with one of his saws!!!

Good advice. There will be so many different kinds of saws there you might not ever run your own. Just Farley's collection alone could keep a guy busy all day.
There'll probably be a lot of the old style iron, too. Run some of those old Macs and Homies and you can really see the the advances in saws from then to now.

Trinity ran my old 066...this year we're putting her behind a Mac 125. No more baby saws for her. :)

Rats!!!!

I believe I shall buck up (buttercup style) and bring the wing down. I'd like to hear fishing tips from Burvol, although it isn't very good around here for trucked around the dam salmon. They aren't in very good shape.

I have a dvd player inside the wing so everybody can crowd in if it rains and watch Talledega Nights. Thats the only DVD I have. :)

The Used Dog will probably stay here with a friend. He gets along but his tail has taken out many a beverage. He also hogs the covers and snores.

It has snowed a few times today. :dizzy:

Golly Patty, I was hoping for Bennie.. I miss him from his last visit! None of the thugs will be attending so I will be having dog withdrawls! Besides he has war stories of sniffing in the grass to tell while sitting around the campfire that we all want to hear again!

Trinity ran my old 066...this year we're putting her behind a Mac 125. No more baby saws for her. :)

I'll start taking my vitamins-- and eating lots of broccoli-- so I'll be up to the task! I'll have my own hickory shirt with me, so you don't have to dress me up... any other things I need to prepare for??? :dizzy:

Golly Patty, I was hoping for Bennie.. I miss him from his last visit! None of the thugs will be attending so I will be having dog withdrawls! Besides he has war stories of sniffing in the grass to tell while sitting around the campfire that we all want to hear again!

Well, I'm assuming it will be hot, and with a river right there, he'd be wet, and his tail does do a good job of clearing off low tables and chair arms. I think he'd best stay home.

I've been leaving early and getting home late so he's going crazy. I guess the Grapple Cat isn't very entertaining for him. :)

I bet there are a few members out here with the same idea....it would sure be nice to harass them oldtimers a bit.....:hmm3grin2orange:

O.K. Roland, consider this; I bet I could get you a ticket to some place close by with a few of my 300,000 + accumulated miles, and I can probably convince my wife we need to take a little vacation and drive to the beautiful PNW. Now, how do I sneak in a few saws in the back of the truck without her knowing about it or suspecting anything?

What do you think?

Mark

I, for one, would very much like to meet the esteemed Belgian, and hereby offer my services as "scapegoat" in whatever capacity I might be useful. With all of the PNW folks in attendance and Mssr. Heimann as an added bonus, this can only be an even better good time.

Hey Mark!

I would love to have you and Roland come and check out our Pacific Northwest! I think you would see that we are just about as fine a bunch of shiftless no-count, bs-n, fun love-n, suds-n, great food-n, CAD-ites as you will find/have found at any other GTG. PLUS......we do saws!!! REAL GOOD!
Hope there is a way you can make it..........:).........Bob

PS....Do you remember the Macs I sent you? If you do-don't hold it against me!

O.K. Roland, consider this; I bet I could get you a ticket to some place close by with a few of my 300,000 + accumulated miles, and I can probably convince my wife we need to take a little vacation and drive to the beautiful PNW. Now, how do I sneak in a few saws in the back of the truck without her knowing about it or suspecting anything?

What do you think?

Mark

Mark, thats sounds like a mighty attractive proposal...:) I have to control my excitement right at this point since there are a lot of obstacles to overcome on my agenda.... Chances are real slim but the thought about the fun we'd have alone is worth the investigation. I'll be back to you :blob4:

PS. convincing your wife would be the easy part....convincing mine is somewhat......a challenge, grrrrrrrr.

Back