Pacific Northwest GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O.K. Roland, consider this; I bet I could get you a ticket to some place close by with a few of my 300,000 + accumulated miles, and I can probably convince my wife we need to take a little vacation and drive to the beautiful PNW. Now, how do I sneak in a few saws in the back of the truck without her knowing about it or suspecting anything?

What do you think?

Mark

Excellent idea.

Mark, thats sounds like a mighty attractive proposal...:) PS. convincing your wife would be the easy part....convincing mine is somewhat......a challenge, grrrrrrrr.

Roland, The PNW isn't just woods and farms, what would she like to do or see? Orygun's coast is wonderfull, Cascade Volcanos cloaked in white, either clouds or snow. Puget Sound is beautiful, a Ferry boat trip is a must. Seattle is a nice little/big city, with many things worth seeing. Finish up with a tour of coastal California, we still have trees here and some of the finest ocean views on the West Coast.

Yes. Unless we continue to get more snow, Mt. St Helens should be seeable from fairly close up, Mt Rainier should be open, the Olympics accessible and we can map you out things to see.

But we don't have clotted cream here, whatever that is? At least I don't think so.:confused:

Gologit Teaser

Been trying to get a little bit done each day. Here are some pictures of the skid road I used with the two big Cottonwoods and of my 94 Ford Skidder. Sure glad I'm not tearing up a Toyota!..........:)...........Bob
Dammmmmm red X again!

Should we start figuring out who's bring what? I'll take care of the paper plates, drinking cups, paper towels, and garbage bags.

If I make it, I'll be bringing a huge cooler full of beverages of all kinds, several boxes of snacks, home-grown smoked salmon, home-made salsa, and several big bags of chips.

Here's One for......CD

Try do do this without the red X
attachment.php

Things are still a mess but if your planing on tent camping thats to the left under the fruit trees.............Bob

Been trying to get a little bit done each day. Here are some pictures of the skid road I used with the two big Cottonwoods and of my 94 Ford Skidder. Sure glad I'm not tearing up a Toyota!..........:)...........Bob
Dammmmmm red X again!

LOLOL...The Toyota has a real hitch on it now. Are you going to dig holes for all four tires on the Ford and anchor it down to keep from getting pulled sideways again? You probably should. Now that I've figured out how to get the Toyota into 4WD it should pull even better. :greenchainsaw:

well i picked up a 2100 to bring figered i needed a bigger saw still need a bar air filter and cover :greenchainsaw:

Your Turn Now!

Just about done moving logs with the Ford. We do have a stash up river some but we will use "T"'s Toyota & winch to get them on the trailer. I'll use the little Mitsubishi 4x4 tractor to set them up and move things around for the GTG. You can be on stand by!
Jacob....If you can't make it UPS those goodies!
Things are shaping up a bit here............:)..........I'm starting to thing about some classes and such for timed runs. All for fun though!......Bob

PS....Got 3 stop watches now but still looking for an hour glass for the climbing!

Just about done moving logs with the Ford. We do have a stash up river some but we will use "T"'s Toyota & winch to get them on the trailer. I'll use the little Mitsubishi 4x4 tractor to set them up and move things around for the GTG. You can be on stand by!
Jacob....If you can't make it UPS those goodies!
Things are shaping up a bit here............:)..........I'm starting to thing about some classes and such for timed runs. All for fun though!......Bob

PS....Got 3 stop watches now but still looking for an hour glass for the climbing!

Trinity Honoria was the Official Timer and record keeper at some of the old GTGs back east. No more just sitting around the fire for that lady...you can put her to work! :)

Trees & Trin

A while back we were putting Trin on the tree! If she does the timing there goes any value for my video rights!
Mark....Egg timer is a good idea for the old saws. I always wanted to do a video of my 1100 gear drive vs. my 111s and have them both start at the same time but the 111s guy finishes so much faster he gets a beer and burger then sits down to watch the Homelite drone to a finish!........:popcorn:.....Bob

Latest posts

Back