Pacific NW get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went snowshoeing

On the hill behind the house which is usually snow free mid Feb thru mid Dec. Compact foot of frozen snow there now and a little farther up couple feet.Wore fleece to stay warm. Seems to be warmer at the house now we may break 50 boy that sounds nice.

I just got in. Went to a warmer side of the hill to work so I'm not freezing like yesterday. I also well, ahem. kind of hung out in the office a while letting it warm up this morning. :blush: I'll make a practice pie this week.

Lol!!!!!!!

I just got in. Went to a warmer side of the hill to work so I'm not freezing like yesterday. I also well, ahem. kind of hung out in the office a while letting it warm up this morning. :blush: I'll make a practice pie this week.

Pie.... Pie,,,, We want more Pie!!!!!!

See what you started slowp!!!!!!

Pie Pie We Want Pie

Last edited:
Pie.... Pie,,,, We want more Pie!!!!!!

See what you started slowp!!!!!!

I hope you realize that Mt Adams huckleberries are addictive. It's been 30 years since I lived in that part of the country and I still have withdrawl symptoms when I eat some of the glop that passes for huckleberries down here.

Gotta warn ya...you'll never be the same. :)

You guys ever make any sassafras tea? Eric had a cooler of that stuff warmed up at his GTG and I went home with both my coffee travel mugs full. They didn't make it far down the road.

Ian

You guys ever make any sassafras tea? Eric had a cooler of that stuff warmed up at his GTG and I went home with both my coffee travel mugs full. They didn't make it far down the road.

Ian

Heck Yeah!!!!! when we have lot clearing jobs that have live oak stands and yaupon thickets near by there is almost always sassafras growing in amongst and when we are raking out and finish grading the rake gets huge sassafras roots turned up and broken,,,,,, There aint a sweeter smell in tha woods incase you didnt know that is also what they make Root beer with,,,,,,, It smells like the rootbeer capital of the world good stuff,,, and the leaves are ground up to make a cajun spice called "File' " as in the old Hank Williams Sr. song. "Jambalya, Crawfish Pie, & File' Gumbo!!!!!!!! Cause tonight I'm a gonna meet my Chere' a Mio"

Last edited:
I would say that the location is closer to Mt St. Helens than Adams. Gees, how many pies? I just have one dinky oven. These berries will not be as good as the frozen ones. But I did pick every one of them. That makes them good. For you non PNWers, huckleberries are special. Every season there is a story of guns being pulled in disputes over patches. My group just exclaims such scary things like, Hey! Did you see that bear over there? We try to scare others out with bear stories told VERY LOUDLY as we pick. If we are lucky, there will be some bear poop to exclaim about and make sure invaders know about. Wow! I can see a new reality show about...PURPLE GOLD. We'll call it Picker People!:clap:

Apr 11, 2008
Deschutes Brewery's Final Poker Run of the Season - Rescheduled for the 4th!

Wow Check it Out!!!!!!! Mirror Pond and Black Butte Porter in Texas!!!!!

Deschutes Brewery is Blazing a
Trail to Texas!

Deschutes Brewery is excited to announce that Mirror Pond Pale Ale and Black Butte Porter are now available on draft at several pubs and alehouses in Austin, TX; look for these two beers in the Dallas area starting May 1st.

Did someone say the guys from Texas are bringing all the beer?

:jawdrop:

Greg,,,, Errr,,, Don't repeat that!!!!! errr,,,, not true not true!!!!!!!

Besides its almost 400 mies to Austin from here and almost 500 to Dallas!!!!

And Just Mow is closer to there anyway!!!!!!

Last edited:
Mow's coming? lolol I might have to have Bryce turn up with the 041S to taunt (haunt?) him....

I'll buy my beer in Hood river..

Beer, barbecue, blueberry pie with homemade ice-cream...this is getting better all the time.

Does anyone like kiwi ?

And, Andy before you say anything, I'm talking about the kind that grows on a vine.

Last edited:
Beer, barbecue, blueberry pie with homemade ice-cream...this is getting better all the time.

Does anyone like kiwi ?

And, Andy before you say anything, I'm talking about the kind that grows on a vine.

MMMMM!!!!!!!! Sounds good,,, I did some research on the Huckleberries sounds delicious,,, but I already forfeited my Pie for Beer and rep!!! LOL

Whats new??????? LOL!!!! No 1 son went out with his buds last night,,, has a head like a buffalo this morning LOLOL!!!!!!!

Ahh to be 21 again!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back