Pacific NW get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The better half bought me a raincoat. I haven't owned one of those in years. She figures the happier I am, the more likely it is that she will be happy. Smart lady... LOL

Ian

We don't wear raincoats up here we wear precip jackets or goretex.
Kinda like a second skin for some of us that still go out in the rain to do outside activities.:clap:
If we are cutting we wear old rain jackets though.
The Goodwill is the place to shop for those. That way if you ruin it no big loss.

Goodness! The northern Warshingtonians have different rainGEAR rules than we southern peoples. We get mad if you don't carry your rainGEAR with you. The rule of precipitation goes:

If you don't carry rainGEAR with you--and that means having it in the rig, it'll rain and it is YOUR fault because you didn't bring rainGEAR.
If you do carry rainGEAR with you, it'll rain. But you won't get blamed for causing the rain.

We wear lots of fleece. The polyester kind. You can buy it here because it'll be on sale in May. We don't use umbrellas. And I see white on the ground this morning once again.:(

I ordered a fleece jacket from (dare I say it) L.L. Bean. It's wind proof but not water resistant and is on sale. The rain jacket came from D.i.c.k's Sporting Goods and is a North Face. It's not a vinyl slicker for sure.

Ian

I ordered a fleece jacket from (dare I say it) L.L. Bean. It's wind proof but not water resistant and is on sale. The rain jacket came from D.i.c.k's Sporting Goods and is a North Face. It's not a vinyl slicker for sure.

Ian

Pssst...I could sell you a well broken in pair of authentic tin pants only worn every workday in the winter for 2 winters with real patches and gorilla tape on them. I'd throw in a pair of Made In Oregon suspenders. Or, for an additional fee, get some Loggers World suspenders. :popcorn:

Nah, getting called a yuppie is one thing, getting called a poser is just on a different scale altogether.

Ian

Well, you'll fit in in downtown Portland.

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Don't you have anything dirty or torn? heck, I only have one "going out with wife" outfit... and the rest, well.. let's just say - I fit in... ;)

Hey Bookerdog I just PM'd you. I'm going to be there but alone, wifey doesn't care for two strokes unless they're on wheels.

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Don't you have anything dirty or torn? heck, I only have one "going out with wife" outfit... and the rest, well.. let's just say - I fit in... ;)

But I AM going out with the wife... :laugh:... This is our 5th anniversary trip. We're going to be out there for 9 days. 2 of them are for me. One at the GTG and one down at the Redwoods in N Cali. I'll also get an hour or two at Madsen's to drool. I told her that we'll have to stop sometime along the way and wash clothes. Her response was "Heck no we're not, waste of time. We'll just be dirty. The other folk at the restaurant can move if they don't like how we smell."

You guys will get to experience us with fresh clean underwear and only 1 layer of deodorant. :D

Ian

Angry at the end of the day!

Starting to cheer up now. Today was going ok. Tackled the most complex pile of blowdown so far for me. Took a while to ponder it and figure out a sequence. Shouted a few bad words when things looked like they weren't going to go, then a woohoo when I got all the trees touching ground and easier to work on. Started cleaning up the road when I see two guys walking up. The one was an old geezer woodcutter and I marked the trees I just chunked up so he could cut them. Then he asks me to mark more, and then.....he starts bad mouthing a friend of mine!!! My good mood is ruined and I want to smack him. They go away and I drive down to check the tree he wanted marked and my paint from a previous visit is still on it but I slap some more on it. Stop to get rid of lunchtime coffee. See the two of them walking back up and yell at them to stop for a minute. I get pants up, and they continue to rile me with their theme of the day that I really shouldn't be working out in the woods, they came to see if I was able to drive down that terrible road and they didn't hear anything so came up to check, (I've now been driving in the woods for 30 years) and oh by the way there's more trees they'd like marked. My paint gun was out of paint thank goodness, but they sure wrecked the day's end after I'd spent time doing works of beauty with Twinkle!!:chainsaw: :chainsaw: OK, rant over. Today's weather? Snowing then warm and sunny--tin pants too hot, then snowing, then warm, Springlike. Spring lasts til July or August here.

Latest posts

Back