Pacific NW get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
681 Solo

It was given luke warm reviews. Not fast enough to set its self apart from 460s or 372s got a lot of mmmmmmmmm replies. Bookers 346 tended to get HOLY&%$ thats fast reviews.
attachment.php

I personally want to thank everyone for coming down and making my weekend a wonderful time. My brother in law was giving me crap all the time he was helping me get logs down. But he was just like a kid in a candy store. Me and my wife want to thankyou for just being wonderful people. We are already thinking of planning a fall one.

how about an August one?? ha ha...:cheers:

looks like a great time...heck of alot of wood got cut that is for sure!!....great scenery..and hats off to Bookerdog and family for organizing the event

Last edited:
Could be to that Booker also had a ported 390 some of us ran first. Fast sumbeech also. Hate to admit it but I am no longer Husky illiterate. Not a convert but if a stray or two ended up in the house Id prolly give em a good home. Like the Stihl single control switch way better tho. The 390 was modded so maybe thats why it didnt feel that much smoother than my 066 to me maybe I have cast iron hands I dont know. My 066 I ran right after the 390 so good side by side comparison the 390 was definitely faster but the 66 still felt strong its well used with a duel port.. Bookers neighbor a full time faller ran em side by side was really impressed with the 390 but also said my 66 felt good and strong. Run what ya like. Husky could definitely use a few lessons on how to make a decent looking wrap handle. If ya want to brand bash do it for fun but its rather silly 066 390 both great saws. 260 and 346 both good saws but very different in their design. One a stout small heavy use saw ones a revin light weight saw. It was nice to be able to run these together for comparisons. The saw youll see me with for 70-80 percent of my cuttin my new 460 everything I could want in a work saw. Well Ill shut up now . If ya ever get a chance to go to one of these take advantage people are all friendly and generous and ya mite learn a thing or two about saws.

how about an August one?? ha ha...:cheers:

looks like a great time...heck of alot of wood got cut that is for sure!!....great scenery..and hats off to Bookerdog and family for organizing the event

You come up in august and will have a mini one. Maybe just you and me but will tackle some logs. If its not to dry.

This may help...

Seal any piece of clothing from the GTG in a plastic bag... Any time you feel misty, open and sniff deep.. the smoke will bring on a flood on good memories.

;)

Andy, this morning the most unexpected thing happened... i was getting ready to wash my hair, got it all wet and BAM! the smell of smoke filled the air!!! yeppers... good memories...

then tonight, i was at knitting group, working on the afghan i was knitting at fireside and BAM!!! the smell of smoke filled the air... and i sat there grinning...

soon, the smell of smoke will be gone... but the memories remain...

Back