Pacific NW get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stock 681 runs just fine.

to me it is the spitting image identical to the 7900, other then plastic covers. adam says insides are identical.

if someone can find a difference in performance between stock saws, they are a better measurer then me.

vibration is great, on the order of a 441 in vibration comparisions.

power is good, something pretty close to a 460, as one would expect.

they really are easy to find some free power. muffler obviously, ignition timing advanced by 5 degrees (thanks adam), and cleaning up ports without getting stupid are all easy things to do.

in terms of performance the stock 681 was a little slower then the woods ported 390, but the 390 sounded better and was shinier.

I want to hear more details about how stock 681 compared to stock 7900 or any other saw. Have a couple 7900s and like to hear first hand reports on stock 681 compared to anything. Power anti vibe, volumne, dish it.

I know you work with you saws B turner Ive had both of them. The 681 has more grunt in bigger wood. If all your cutting is small wood with it. It isn't going to make a difference. You can take a 6 inch round and a 346 is going to be just as fast as a 681. Its if you cutting 30 inch rounds it makes a diff.

attachment.php

There ya go Trinity,,,,, Your knitting in the smoke Zone again!!!!!:cheers:

It was such a great event doubt it can be topped. Boboakgologit and I were talking and thought a skagit or washington yarder set up and demonstration could ad to the fun.:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

purty tuff to top a digger with a thumb.
(excavator with thumb).

One thing that might do it is to allow the inebriated folks on Saturday night try her out. I suggested the same to booker, and he wasn't overly impressed with the initial concept.

hmmm..i wonder what it would cost to bring 7 saws on a plane as carryons?? if i went out there for a GTG i'd have to bring something or do something to show how things are done in the midwest........Doesn't FishHuntCutWood have connections to a chopper(borrow a Chinook and i'll get us a skidder for the weekend!!!)

this is the track hoe we use sometimes loading logs (had a 300 series before this one till the final drives went out of it-$46,000 to fix it:jawdrop: ), and then some of the logs it was loading
046porting001.jpg

046porting002.jpg

Last edited:
So is anybody up for the PNW GTG Fall Edition?

We would be there again if at all possible. May even have my boy with us. He has been looking at the photos and has been foaming at the mouth. He likes his saws. We were up cutting this evening. He had his 084 in a 42" blowdown and was putting the coals to it. He says if there is something there to make me smile then he has to be there to see it for himself.

Yup we would be there if at all possible.

Owl

Latest posts

Back