Pacific NW get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Caught him red handed!

Here it is boys and girls the cedarkerf with a red saw!
attachment.php

I was telling a friend about it, and he says I HAVE to take his old Homelite with a 4 foot bar on it to the next one. I probably couldn't even start the beast. I am wondering if it is a twin of the slow noisy one that was so "popular"? Found the scary sticker to put on Twinkle, who is still running good. No burning or river throwing needed yet!:)

I was telling a friend about it, and he says I HAVE to take his old Homelite with a 4 foot bar on it to the next one. I probably couldn't even start the beast. I am wondering if it is a twin of the slow noisy one that was so "popular"? Found the scary sticker to put on Twinkle, who is still running good. No burning or river throwing needed yet!:)

i was remiss in saying that your Huckleberry Pie was a definite PLUS to the GTG... another PNW 1st for me... and seeing the Barbie stickers on your saw still makes me smile!!! And thanks for lending me the tin hat for my sawing episode!!!

The difference between EC Stihl dealer and PNW Saw Shop

Me: I need a 36" 375 bar to fit an 076
East Coast Stihl dealer: (thumbs through catalog) They don't make one in 375, just 404, sorry.
Me: Can you order a 375 tip and just swap them out?
Dealer: Let me call someone and see...(2 hours later)... Sorry, they don't make one.
Me: Ok, thanks for looking.

end

Me: I need a 36" 375 bar to fit an 076.
Madson's: Stihl or Cannon?
Me: Stihl? My dealer told me they didn't make one?!?
Madson's: Well you'll have to buy a tip and I'll change it out for you. Will save you about $50 over a Cannon.
Me: Great! Fix me up!
Madson's: Mr & Mrs Madson is over there in the coffee area. Why don't you go have a chat with them and I'll come get you when it's ready.
Me: Ok, see ya in a few..

DSC00038.jpg

Me: I need a 36" 375 bar to fit an 076
East Coast Stihl dealer: (thumbs through catalog) They don't make one in 375, just 404, sorry.
Me: Can you order a 375 tip and just swap them out?
Dealer: Let me call someone and see...(2 hours later)... Sorry, they don't make one.
Me: Ok, thanks for looking.

end

Me: I need a 36" 375 bar to fit an 076.
Madson's: Stihl or Cannon?
Me: Stihl? My dealer told me they didn't make one?!?
Madson's: Well you'll have to buy a tip and I'll change it out for you. Will save you about $50 over a Cannon.
Me: Great! Fix me up!
Madson's: Mr & Mrs Madson is over there in the coffee area. Why don't you go have a chat with them and I'll come get you when it's ready.
Me: Ok, see ya in a few..

DSC00038.jpg

I gotta move....

Finally got the video to upload.. but it says it's "processing video" and will be a few minutes before it's able to be viewed. It's my wife Jennifer having a go on the backhoe. She had a great time !

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lNrSf_1aAUQ"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lNrSf_1aAUQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

So what your saying is, something was wrong with that particular 681.:givebeer:

adam clarke brought a 681 he had worked over, and i had my pair of worked over 7900's.

haywire's ehp 372 was there.

when all done, the order was from fastest to slowest:

haywire 372
clarke 681/both 7900's tied
dean's 390
stock 681

Grilled some chicken last night with the sauce Haywire brought. Mmmmmmmmmmm Mmmmmm! Made an extra piece to bring for lunch today but I doubt It'll make it till then. :hmm3grin2orange:

Grilled some chicken last night with the sauce Haywire brought. Mmmmmmmmmmm Mmmmmm! Made an extra piece to bring for lunch today but I doubt It'll make it till then. :hmm3grin2orange:

Yep did the same thing last night. I went to get some today to take and the wife gave the rest of the chicken to the sister-in-law for the jman last night.

I had hoped to pop down, but fate intervened and I spent Friday through Monday night with my wife in the hospital.

Looked like a great event facilitated by great hospitality. Hope the host decides to do it again! Once he's recovered.

I had hoped to pop down, but fate intervened and I spent Friday through Monday night with my wife in the hospital.

Looked like a great event facilitated by great hospitality. Hope the host decides to do it again! Once he's recovered.

Im going to talk to the brother in law and see if we can do one this fall. I've had some people ask me about this. I know spotted owl is thinking about having one next spring. Will see what we can do. It was a blast.

Your name came up and we all talked about how you would have had a good time. We thought about you.
Hope to see you in the fall.

awww...how sweet!!:cheers: i would have had a good time that is for sure..i'm gonna try to make it out there at the beginning of august...but who knows

adam clarke brought a 681 he had worked over, and i had my pair of worked over 7900's.

haywire's ehp 372 was there.

when all done, the order was from fastest to slowest:

haywire 372
clarke 681/both 7900's tied
dean's 390
stock 681

I want to hear more details about how stock 681 compared to stock 7900 or any other saw. Have a couple 7900s and like to hear first hand reports on stock 681 compared to anything. Power anti vibe, volumne, dish it.

Latest posts

Back