Pacific NW get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
windthrown

windthrown

361 Junkie
that's right-- rub it in!!! i am in Day 12 of Captivity to PNW snow... and i have had to call Mr Wonderful 3 times on his vacation "Honey, the roof on the front deck just collapsed..." "Sweetie, the rafters just collapsed over the hot tub..." and "Hello, this is Calamity Trin calling... the supports on the roof over the back deck are falling out, one at a time..."

so i made comfort food... nuthin' fancy like yours, Bob, but eggs over easy, sauteed onions, and toast... cuz i still can't get to the blasted road to get Ben & Jerry's... sigh...

go ahead-- rub it in that you are not captive and have gourmet foods in your pantry... sigh...

Ah ha... so it would help me in my casue at the GTG if in fact I was a gourmet chef in Carmel when I was in my early 20's? I mean, other than bringing a lot of beer?

Snow finally melted here yesterday and today. Just a burm of snow along the highway where the plows dumped the snow, and some left on the lawns. You have me on the hot tub though; mine is in storage across town. I need to set it up before skiing full time. Was headed up there today, but the report from Meadows was dismal. So its football for me today. And beer. Oh, and a light butter cream sauce over sauteed basa and fuk choi (flied lice).

Last edited:
Trinity Honoria

Trinity Honoria

Ah ha... so it would help me in my casue at the GTG if in fact I was a gourmet chef in Carmel when I was in my early 20's? I mean, other than bringing a lot of beer?

well, let's see what i need to cover to get you caught up to date... my name was Trinity before Matrix (it's on my birth certificate!!!); i haven't had a beer since 1977 (which leaves more for you); and it's true-- i'm not a shrinking violet, but i've only been known to become aggressive toward one individual at a GTG and mentioning his name isn't permitted here any longer... but i'll be glad to share the story at GTG... and lastly, Gologit is right on the money-- are you in for some pleasant surprises at the GTG!!!

oh, yes, slowp is in So Wash, i am up near Lakeside outside Seattle... and i'm a transplant from the Deep South... so, even if i lived near slowp, i'd not be a Southern Washington woman... just a simple woman from the South... :blush:

windthrown

windthrown

361 Junkie
well, let's see what i need to cover to get you caught up to date... my name was Trinity before Matrix (it's on my birth certificate!!!); i haven't had a beer since 1977 (which leaves more for you); and it's true-- i'm not a shrinking violet, but i've only been known to become aggressive toward one individual at a GTG and mentioning his name isn't permitted here any longer...

Looks like I missed all the action at the last PNW GTG. Alas I was in the throws of breaking up with the ex, and down south of Eugene. Agressive toward a fellow that was at the last GTG, his name is not permitted here any more??? :monkey: Yep, I missed something there.

Me thought that you were out there toward Mt. Adams rather than up there north of Reineer. Trinity... I would never use a real name here on a web site that is gleened by information harvesters 24/7 for any and all details about anyone and everything. I had an account broken into on Ebay a few years ago and my ID was used to sell stolen Kawasaki motorcycles there. Since then I am beyond paranoid about leaving any personal information about anything on a site like this one. Especially my birthday, name, or address. Even the town I live in, or state is information for someone out there someplace.

Last edited:
Trinity Honoria

Trinity Honoria

You have me on the hot tub though; mine is in storage across town. I need to set it up before skiing full time. Was headed up there today, but the report from Meadows was dismal. So its football for me today. And beer. Oh, and a light butter cream sauce over sauteed basa and fuk choi (flied lice).

well, i don't know if i really have you beat on the hot tub-- it's outside, Mr Wonderful didn't like the power bill so it's 50 deg until the temp stays above 40deg for a while... and he's gone until Jan 4... so i have a cold-tub i guess... LOL but he's staying at a resort with a HOT hot tub... blast! As soon as i can get off the property, i'll be headed for the Y and soak in a hot tub that has a reasonable temperature... :)

and as the cable is still out here since the Christmas Day electrical black out, i was thinking-- OK, so i prefer to work on quilts while i'm watching TV, but just think about the SPORTS fans who live around here and also have no cable... now, that's agony!!!

Lakeside53

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
and as the cable is still out here since the Christmas Day electrical black out, i was thinking-- OK, so i prefer to work on quilts while i'm watching TV, but just think about the SPORTS fans who live around here and also have no cable... now, that's agony!!!

Two words... "rabbit ears"... They still work until Feb 19th...

A "Real" sports fan will slog though the snow to the highway, hitch a ride to the nearest bar and indulge their addictions... I, on the other hand, would rather shovel snow...

Trinity Honoria

Trinity Honoria

Looks like I missed all the action at the last PNW GTG. Alas I was in the throws of breaking up with the ex, and down south of Eugene. Agressive toward a fellow that was at the last GTG, his name is not permitted here any more??? :monkey: Yep, I missed something there.

Me thought that you were out there toward Mt. Adams rather than up there north of Reineer. Trinity... I would never use a real name here on a web site that is gleened by information harvesters 24/7 for any and all details about anyone and everything. I had an account broken into on Ebay a few years ago and my ID was used to sell stolen Kawasaki motorcycles there. Since then I am beyond paranoid about leaving any personal information about anything on a site like this one. Especially my birthday, name, or address. Even the town I live in, or state is information for someone out there someplace.

no-- the aggression occured at a GTG in New York... i was a GTG groupie back East before i moved out to the lovely PNW... the last PNW GTG-- let's see, someone almost fell in the bonfire, i think there was a competition for the most creative gas can shape, and Gologit won the "Pie eating contest."

as to my name-- i signed on here to find out about a tree on my South Carolina home-- never knew where it would lead!!! A Mainer here on AS found me in two key strokes-- called me at 2am... just life. No big deal. But i appreciate your advice and concern... i don't use the full name anywhere anymore... but now, it's widely known here... too late to change!!!

windthrown

windthrown

361 Junkie
no-- the aggression occured at a GTG in New York... i was a GTG groupie back East before i moved out to the lovely PNW... the last PNW GTG-- let's see, someone almost fell in the bonfire, i think there was a competition for the most creative gas can shape, and Gologit won the "Pie eating contest."

as to my name-- i signed on here to find out about a tree on my South Carolina home-- never knew where it would lead!!! A Mainer here on AS found me in two key strokes-- called me at 2am... just life. No big deal. But i appreciate your advice and concern... i don't use the full name anywhere anymore... but now, it's widely known here... too late to change!!!

New York? And the south? And then the PNW? Wow... been around as much as myself. OR, FL, OR, NY, OR, CA, then OR again.

As for the information harvestors, I am not joking about that stuff. I was a computer chip designer at my last job before falling for the love of my life and moving onto her sheep ranch (I was an engineer for 15 years or so). Anyway, they are out there, churning up any and all information about people to use for ID theft. I mean, they are sitting there in India, Venezuela, China, Nigeria, and a lot of other places, looking for names, dates and numbers to match up to people in order to gain access to accounts, files, or credit. You can do just about anything with a name, address, SS number and birthday. Just knowing your address and nothing else, I can tell you what you paid for your house, how much you owe on it, if you have had any late payments, and where your last mortgage was financed. It is that easy... be warned. ;)

Gologit

Gologit

Completely retired...life is good.
. AS Supporting Member.
that's right-- rub it in!!! i am in Day 12 of Captivity to PNW snow... and i have had to call Mr Wonderful 3 times on his vacation "Honey, the roof on the front deck just collapsed..." "Sweetie, the rafters just collapsed over the hot tub..." and "Hello, this is Calamity Trin calling... the supports on the roof over the back deck are falling out, one at a time..."

so i made comfort food... nuthin' fancy like yours, Bob, but eggs over easy, sauteed onions, and toast... cuz i still can't get to the blasted road to get Ben & Jerry's... sigh...

go ahead-- rub it in that you are not captive and have gourmet foods in your pantry... sigh...

No gourmet to it...just simple country food. Po' folks food. Cajun food is mostly stuff that can be found in your back yard...if your back yard includes Bayou LaFourche that is. I usually get a little care package from some Cajun friends every year...sometimes more often if I grovel a lot.:) And the less you know about andouille, especially andouille blanc, the better you'll like it.

What are you going to be knitting at the GTG? (Now we're back on topic)

Last edited:
Trinity Honoria

Trinity Honoria

Just knowing your address and nothing else, I can tell you what you paid for your house, how much you owe on it, if you have had any late payments, and where your last mortgage was financed. It is that easy... be warned. ;)

if you tell me where my mortgage was, i'd fall over-- the house was a gift!!! i prefer cash... or gifts :dizzy: not into running up a personal debt...

but i know you're 100% correct... not doubting you at all... sorry the shepherdess didn't work out... come to the GTG, play with chainsaws, drink beer, perhaps BBQ a bit and just have a great time-- and i promise those were lies about me tying you up to a chair... promise!!!

windthrown

windthrown

361 Junkie
if you tell me where my mortgage was, i'd fall over-- the house was a gift!!! i prefer cash... or gifts :dizzy: not into running up a personal debt...

but i know you're 100% correct... not doubting you at all... sorry the shepherdess didn't work out... come to the GTG, play with chainsaws, drink beer, perhaps BBQ a bit and just have a great time-- and i promise those were lies about me tying you up to a chair... promise!!!

:monkey: I can see Andy smirking up there in WA... :monkey:
:monkey: and Bob smirking down ther in CA... :monkey:

I will still bring a 12 pack for Gary as insurance. :greenchainsaw:

Cash for the house is good. Not running up personal debt is also good. You are rare though; the average US personal CC debt is like $8k, and average US total debt with mortgage is probably more than most houses are worth now.

slowp
Hmmmm. I am doing an experiment. I put together another tool brought here from Up Nort in da woods called a roof rake. I have removed the slush from part of the roof and not on the other. I will report on which gutter melts the quickest. I don't want to use my hot tub because it is under one of the non working gutters and even if I wear a hat, the drip is annoying.

Ok, I guess I must bring huckleberry pie, maybe an apple one too. I need to make more salsa. I still have the fold up table and maybe bring the dressing room tent.

What size shoes do you wear, Trinity? I've got my duct taped falling apart caulks (which are in the going to the dump pile) and then the Wescos which I don't like and I'll have my Kuliens but they are not for play or sharing. So, if you have the same size feet, you can wear some authentic boots for your portrait with the 090. Oh, I also have the ankle high Chinese made pair too. They are big on me. NO COMMENTS.:angry2:
Oh and there's the Orange Viking Sauna Caulks too. They are ready to go to Ireland and retake the island.:cheers: I think I have too many boots. And I forgot the antique Wescos! I think I have BAD.

Last edited:

Latest posts