Pacific NW get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I here you talking Andy but I didnt see you pick up the maul!!!!!!

Oh, I picked up what they called a maul.. but it was more like a bludgeon!

anyhow. after a few beers, did you want me to hurt someone? It was all I could do to remember to take my saw home:greenchainsaw:

Bookers Lament,,,,,

attachment.php

All Kidding Aside Tim & Becky,,,,,,, Thank you for having us,,,,Yall were most gracious host,,,, It was a special time,,,,Maybe next time I will bring tha woodbutchr and Mow,,,,and maybe we can find some more splitters,,,,,, Thanks to Big Jay the fire Guy!!!!!

I just talked to my daughter,,,, She wants to come and see the PNW before she starts work!!!!!!!

Will be talking to you soon!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Oh, I picked up what they called a maul.. but it was more like a bludgeon!

anyhow. after a few beers, did you want me to hurt someone? It was all I could do to remember to take my saw home:greenchainsaw:

Yeah I saw it,,, so did Chowdozer,,,,, it did look like someone had hit some steel with it,,,He tried to split a round with it and gave up after two licks!!!!!

I did tell Iron Bark I was going to give him your contact Info,, He wants to come to the Stihl shop and look @ some saws!!!! on his way back to Seattle,, :cheers:

I uploaded all the photos I got Saturday to photobucket this evening. They're not resized or cropped so they are rather big, 1+mb each. It'll be a week before I can get to it but if anyone wants to do the honors and crop/resize to post some here ya go.
http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a193/imh_98/

I didn't dump the camera into the laptop this evening so I'll put Sunday's photos up tomorrow... it includes a couple photos and a short video of my wife running the track hoe. That right there was funny, I don't care who ya are.. LOL

Thanks to our host for a great GTG and everyone else for the great conversation and the education.

Ian

snagged bookerdogs' computer for a minute. I just want to say that I had better time than I even expected to have. Some of the nicest people I have ever met and great mix of conversations. It was a great time and am ready for the next one already. I am glad i got to meet every one here over the weekend and look forward to meeting up aggain. BTW, any time any one is passing through my neck of the woods you are always welcome to come by the shop and hang out.

Thanks Booker!!!

Man what a blast!! It was a really good time and we really enjoyed meeting up with everyone. We look forward to getting together again.
I will have to take the card to the store tomorrow to get the pics on a disc as the darn printer won't upload them.:cry:
Us gals even got to run the track hoe!:clap: :clap:
If any of you are up this way give us a jingle.
Special thanks to Tim, Becky and Jay for everything!

Great BBQ RR2 welcome back any time. hope your trip goes well.
As been said already great people all, really changes your view of the Internet world.
To Booker and family what a gathering thank you. You are an A1 guy with an A1 family.
More stories and pics to come once we get some rest.:chainsaw: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Fun, Fun, Fun!

Although I only made it for one day, I had a ton of fun! The food was awesome (thanks RR2 for cooking). Special thanks to Bookerdog for hosting this.

Hopefully, we can do a Pacific NW GTG at least once a year. Maybe next time Trinity can show us proper technique on how to run an 090 Stihl.

Jon

.. and those rotten East coast guys wouldn't even let her run a saw at their GTG. No wonder Trin ran away to the PNW!:greenchainsaw:

sure was great to meet you all!!!!

a special thanks to Tim and bride for hosting us, and putting me up in the love shack.

I had a great time, and learned a lot!!!!

doug

.. and those rotten East coast guys wouldn't even let her run a saw at their GTG. No wonder Trin ran away to the PNW!:greenchainsaw:

Check it out Andy,,,,

Big Jay had her running the Trac hoe excavator!!!!

attachment.php

Oh And just for the record,,,, Slow-p makes a great Huckleberry pie!!!!!!

and wood for heat makes Good homade Vanilla Ice cream

Last edited:
Wow, great pics and lots of people on that GTG. Nice to see some faces to the names :)

The professor showing how to stick a saw is real funny !!!! Remember Bob, old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm...LOLOL.

Book will have a lot of firewood to split. But think about oil prices and the work will seem light..

River's Texas style fried steaks did not look to inviting, but I am glad you all survived the ordeal...:laugh:

I was over in Germany at a GTG of oldtimer saw collectors myself this weekend and will post pics later. Lots of nice saws !!

Another thank you to Bookerdog and family! Great site. When I went in the store to buy extra air filters, and I was lucky to get the last couple due to the volcanic eruption, I found some stick on rhinestones for the Barbie Saw.
That made the trip even better! I'll try out the explosives sticker today...if the rain stops long enough to make it adhere to Twinkle.

Dam, I am upset I did not go. I had this huge drainage project staring me in the face, which can be done at anytime, but I got a call on Thursday saying come start cutting timber on Monday (which is good!), so I had to pull the full weekend shift. I hate being poor!!!! I really wanted to meet all of you guys and get aquainted with everyone. I am coming off a slow winter and graduating college, so I need to make money at every chance I get. I will be at the next one for sure.

Haywire, if you click on each photo, a medium size image appears. Right click on it, choose properties, copy it, and paste it into the image window that appears when you choose the embed image yellow icon on your message page...

DSC00063.jpg

Also, perhaps since you are a free photobucket user, it appears that it the largest that image is saved at is 100kb.....I have a bunch on photobucket as well, but have lately been using flickr, and pay $25 a year for a pro membership.

Edit, just choose the IMG code and paste it into your message window

DSC00067.jpg

Last edited:
Back