Pacific NW get together

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RR2, Congratulations! But did you teach them to barbecue?

Funny you asked,,, The Boy has it down pat,,,,,,, does really good on steaks

My Girl,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, thats another story,,,,, She can cook,,, if she wants to does a good job on the boneless grilled chicken breast,,,

but she would rather let the men of the house cater to her!!!!! (Purty smart I'd say) I found her a License Plate Ring and put on her old car when she was in High school and stihl playing volleyball,,,, it was very fitting,,,, it read,,,

"Yield to the Princess"

LOLOL!!!!!!!

Just wanted to let everyone know. The church came in and took 6 cords out.
A big thanks from them for cutting it. Im still splitting alittle each night after work.

Just wanted to let everyone know. The church came in and took 6 cords out.
A big thanks from them for cutting it. Im still splitting alittle each night after work.

that is so cool that you are donating the wood... as a social worker, my brain is tabulating how many hours that wood will help someone stay warm and not have to worry about how he / she / they will afford the supplies to keep warm! this is just so cool... it makes me all warm and fuzzy to have been a superficial part of this!!! way to go, everyone who cut down the trees / hauled them to the Event / cut the wood / split the wood!!! Kudos!!!

Update for here. The used dog is turning out to be a wonderful beast. He reads my mind and also passed a crucial test last night. He kept after me til I took him out and it turned out to be a good thing--would have been major carpet cleaning. Took him woodcutting today and he stuck around but still stayed out of the way. Runs along on a leash alongside the bike so I can run him till his heart bursts...just scary how he just "seems to know" what I want him to do.

Gotta post this picture of Twinkle on this thread too. I need to shop for more outfits for her.

attachment.php

Good to know the wood is going to good homes.

Stopped at Cutter's Supply Thursday to get some plastic wedges. They had purple... made me think about you P... I still grin every time I think about the GTG. Hope everyone is well. Eagerly awaiting next GTG.
Lou

Update for here. The used dog is turning out to be a wonderful beast. He reads my mind and also passed a crucial test last night. He kept after me til I took him out and it turned out to be a good thing--would have been major carpet cleaning. Took him woodcutting today and he stuck around but still stayed out of the way. Runs along on a leash alongside the bike so I can run him till his heart bursts...just scary how he just "seems to know" what I want him to do.

Gotta post this picture of Twinkle on this thread too. I need to shop for more outfits for her.

attachment.php

Good to know the wood is going to good homes.

Great news on the dog!!!!!

Twinkle looks freaking HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purple wedges, hmmmm. I'll have to look. Since I only use them on horizontal trees, I usually go to the big box of buck fifty ones in the store. I chew them up quickly so a purple one would probably be too special to use. The pink ones are pretty and easy to find after they fly out. The buck fifty ones are orange which matches hat, saw, and winter boots. :)

Purple wedges, hmmmm. I'll have to look. Since I only use them on horizontal trees, I usually go to the big box of buck fifty ones in the store. I chew them up quickly so a purple one would probably be too special to use. The pink ones are pretty and easy to find after they fly out. The buck fifty ones are orange which matches hat, saw, and winter boots. :)

Next winter, when you're snowed in, rained out, and bored...why not make your own wedges? I make some every year...it gets me out of the house and away from the honey-do list.

Get some oak, the use of a bandsaw, a horseshoer's rasp, and just make any size and taper of wedge you want.

You could paint them all kinds of different colors...even give them sequential numbers so you could tell how many you chewed-up or lost during the season.

Not quite as good...

1# Hamburger
1 Chopped onion
1/4C Ketchup
1/4C BBQ sauce (I love BBQ sauce so I double it with James Gang BBQ sauce)
1/4C Brown sugar
1/4C Sugar
2 TBS Molasses
1 TBS Chili Powder
Salt
Pepper
2 TBS mustard
1 16oz Pork and Beans or Baked beans
1 16oz Kidney Beans drained
1 16oz Pinto Beans drained
1 16oz Butter Beans drained
1/2# cooked Bacon cooked.

Brown hamburger add onion cook till soft mix everything in Crock potcook on high 1 hour reduce to low for 2 hours to let flavors blend.

Well, it was my cook night here at the compound-- and i had no hamburger, no bacon, no onion and added black beans & navy beans-- but your sauce was a HIT! Mr Wonderful says it's a keeper; and one of my roommates who doesn't like beans LOVED IT!!! i can't wait to make the full recipe with all the parts for Mr Wonderful's surprise birthday party in 2 weeks!!!

thanks for sharing the reciple!!!

Next winter, when you're snowed in, rained out, and bored...why not make your own wedges? I make some every year...it gets me out of the house and away from the honey-do list.

Get some oak, the use of a bandsaw, a horseshoer's rasp, and just make any size and taper of wedge you want.

You could paint them all kinds of different colors...even give them sequential numbers so you could tell how many you chewed-up or lost during the season.

LOLOL!!!!!!:clap:

Now look who needs to get out more!!!!!! :dizzy: :clap:

Hey RR2! I didn't take notes. Hot weather is supposed to hit here today and melt the glaciers that really need to melt. So, for campfire discussion, how long does it take to chill a warm beer by turning in a bucket of ice? I think this was part of the "ice cream making seminar.":)

Ice Cream Recipe

I've been asked (Mrs. Jman here) to inquire about the homemade ice cream recipe since bookerdog won't ask for his wife...I can't believe that is a true statement---haha And...hopefully whoever has it will log in and share it cuz we need it for a family gathering tomorrow. No pressure...who thought of this last minute request Mrs. Bookerdog???

Last edited:
I've been asked (Mrs. Jman here) to inquire about the homemade ice cream recipe since bookerdog won't ask for his wife...I can't believe that is a true statement---haha And...hopefully whoever has it will log in and share it cuz we need it for a family gathering tomorrow. No pressure...who thought of this last minute request Mrs. Bookerdog???

didn't wood4heat do the ice cream? I sent him a pm.

That would be Brian AKA Wood4heat's Ice cream Recipie send Him A PM!!!!!

Hey RR2! I didn't take notes. Hot weather is supposed to hit here today and melt the glaciers that really need to melt. So, for campfire discussion, how long does it take to chill a warm beer by turning in a bucket of ice? I think this was part of the "ice cream making seminar.":)

Canned Beer works the best but bottles work too you lay it on a bed of crushed Ice and spin it with your fingers as fast as you can it can be totally ambient temp and in about 3 minutes it will be as cold as it can get... a little rock salt really speeds up the process,,,,,

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back