Partner 540 is here!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recieved this the other day, came from europe where as far as I know is the only place they were sold. Thanks goes out to a great AS member for helping me aquire this one.

It appears to be a very late model 540 made in 01. It seems to be in very good original lightly used conditon.

From what I know, this is the semi pro version of the 5500 and uses a 46mm open port cyl and puts out 53cc compared to the origninal Patner 500/5000 which were 49cc. In fact the P/C part number for this is the same one used on a Husqvarna 55.

Got it tore down today for some needed cleaning and found it to be in excellent shape, P/C are like new and still has the original hardly worn sprocket and 15" bar with what is probably the original Oregon 95VP chain.

This is a keeper and will be a nice companion to the 5500.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark- that is a cool saw. I would reckon there's very few of those in North America (just the ones that Hans-Peter Stihl smuggled in with him on his last trip over to see the Blue Man Group.)

Mark- that is a cool saw. I would reckon there's very few of those in North America (just the ones that Hans-Peter Stihl smuggled in with him on his last trip over to see the Blue Man Group.)

Yeah you might be right on that one. :)

I think I'll go for the whole series of these, just need a Jred 590.

Well I guess since I only have a 5000+ that I need a regular 5000. Then I will need a PP325 type 2 since I only have a type one.

Dose it ever stop? :msp_biggrin::givebeer:

Dang Mark!!!

Yhat right there is one SWEET saw!

It seems to be somewhat unhappy though.........................Maybe it is that northern Indiana climate that it doesn't like.
It MIGHT be happier in a Kentucky climate!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

Congrats on that one!

Mike

Dang Mark!!!

Yhat right there is one SWEET saw!

It seems to be somewhat unhappy though.........................Maybe it is that northern Indiana climate that it doesn't like.
It MIGHT be happier in a Kentucky climate!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

Congrats on that one!

Mike

I don't know for sure about the Partner but I know that I don't like the northern Indiana climate! It was cold and raining all day and doing it really hard this afternoon when I wanted to try this thing out. :help:

This thing is really clean and seems to run great. Only took about 1/16 of a turn on the L screw to get it happy here.

Maybe I'm haveing some Danish weather here today and the Partner is happy with that!

Nice saw Mark, thanks for sharing it. I would be interested to here how it compares to a 5000.

Al.

Nice saw Mark, thanks for sharing it. I would be interested to here how it compares to a 5000.

Al.

Me too and sooner or later I'll get the time to find out.

I'm actually more interested to see how it compares to the Poulan Pro 325/Partner5500 since there the same displacement just open VRS closed ports.

Nice score, Mark. Ain't no secret I'm a fan of Partner saws. That's one I've never seen. Color me green with envy!

You may never see one either, unless you travel to Europe. Thats why I'm so excited about this one and the 5500H.

I thought Partners were made in Sweden, not Denmark.

I don't know for sure about the Partner but I know that I don't like the northern Indiana climate! It was cold and raining all day and doing it really hard this afternoon when I wanted to try this thing out. :help:

Maybe I'm haveing some Danish weather here today and the Partner is happy with that!

You're welcome to send some of that cold & rain to South Central Texas!

I thought Partners were made in Sweden, not Denmark.

You're welcome to send some of that cold & rain to South Central Texas!

You can have it all! I was in central TX a few years ago during Christmas. Everyone was complaining about 60deg weather and were bundled up with winter coats. :hmm3grin2orange:

Some more rain might help them trees grow down there!

The suns shinning well here today, I'll get the 540 fired up here after while!

Latest posts

Back