pawn shop finds today,, here goes the you suck a-meter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o8f150

Tree Freak
Reaction score
well i took all the stuff back to the pawn shop this morn that i had fixed for them,, everything started up on the 2nd pull,, the owner was glad to see that,, well of course i was looking around to see what they had and that was there was an ms180c which i had no interest in,, he does have a ms-360 coming out of pawn at the end of the month if the guy doesn't make a payment,, drool city and keeping the fingers crossed,, ok,, enough of that,,, bryce told me to take this 2 little items home with me,, the stihl weed eater is either a fs90 or 110,,, i haven't figured it out yet,,it is missing the starter assembly and thats the way the owner bought it,,geezzzz,,other then that it is complete,, so i have no idea if it even has spark and compression,, more then likely i will part it out on fleabay,, i haven't decided yet,,,, now for the little homelite ranger,, he said get that pos out of his sight since he couldn't get it running right,,i got it home,, cleaned it up,, and it started on the 2nd pull and died when i tried to throttle down on it,,, i pulled it all apart,,carb looked good,,lines looked new so i pulled the limiters and fattened it up a bit,, and of course opened up the muffler,, sharpen the chain and thats all i did to it,, it runs like a champ,, it even came with a nice hard case,, it will make a nice little limbing saw,,, here is the pics,,, the vid is of the homelite and the ms-170,, the 170 is the one i got last week for free,,, oh yea,, i forgot,,,, i got the weedeater and homelite for free today,, yes,, i know,, i suck

here is the stihl weed eater
002-30.jpg

001-32.jpg

homelite before cleanup
005-20.jpg

004-26.jpg

003-32.jpg

now after
009-6.jpg

008-12.jpg

006-16.jpg

now the vid of the 2 dancing
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MMJDVJYr9Zc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

First pic of the homy, Can't see the "R" just leaves ANGER showing.
If it was mine , I think I'd peel the R off just for the heck of it.

Try that homie out in some wood and report back. I have three under the bench I haven't fooled with yet.
Mostly because I have yet to run out of poulans to fix...

Try that homie out in some wood and report back. I have three under the bench I haven't fooled with yet.
Mostly because I have yet to run out of poulans to fix...

its not to bad in wood,, just can't push it at all

That Stihl powerhead looks just like my KM110R, pull down some IPL's and you may find a larger pool of models to draw auction parts from.

No brand or model snobbery here, you got running hardware, so I'll give it up... you suck! :clap:

HF

Great finds man!

You are going to run out of room if this continues :wink2:

That Stihl powerhead looks just like my KM110R, pull down some IPL's and you may find a larger pool of models to draw auction parts from.
looks just like my KM90 as well; thus the confusion about whether it's a 90 or 110 motor. Somebody'll post an IPL if you get on the Beg for Manuals thread (sticky). You could probably turn that crank by hand enough to check for a spark and get a compression reading.

Latest posts

Back