People don't yet take battery operated chainsaws seriously.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said earlier, last year I bought an electric EGO string trimmer and blower and am pleased with it. The one thing I have against battery stuff is the batteries are heavy. My gas one is tiring to start for an 80 year old but so is carrying around the electric with that heavy battery on it..

I bought an 18v Milwaukee hatchet with a 5AH battery to use on the lift to get small stuff out of the way.

I used it all day, of course allowing for my slowly moving the lift around and in between using my MS260 for bigger stuff.

I was worried about not having an extra battery. At the end of the day I still had half the battery left. Went though 8” branches with little effort.

Saved me a lot of time.5CD474BB-760C-4366-8B08-A86346A54145.jpeg

Apples to apples what is the most powerful battery chainsaw with power to weight ratio compared to a specific cc gasser?

If you are taking a 100cc gasser in comparison I would guess the battery saw would weigh much much more.

Always amazing how some with absolutely no knowledge of an event or circumstances feel compelled to say something irrelevant.
Now that you mention it, I wasn't there either. So here we go. If you were to try to bounce a sharp chain off your arm, even if the saw isn't running, you will likely need stitches. At least that's the case with the chains I use.

He wasn't doubting your account of the event. He was saying you're one lucky fool and others shouldn't expect similar results if they keep their equipment in good working condition.

I rented one very similar to install my chimney. Handy units.

View attachment 1078064
Curious what you paid per day to rent that one. I found sunbelt to be more expensive than their competitors in my area.

The one I rent puts my feet 55’ up, and I’d pay $450 per day. I pick it up at 10:00 AM Saturday morning, and as long as I have it back by 8:00 AM Monday morning they only charge me for one day, as long as I’m not over 8 hours on the meter.

I worked out the same deal picking up Saturday morning and had to have it back early Monday with a one day charge.
I used it Saturday and let my cousin use it Sunday to change out some high bay lighting in his holding pens off his milk parlor.
Mine was only a 40 footer if I remember right.
To be honest I don't recall the exact price but was around $300. Like everything, area dictates pricing. I live out in the weeds. No other options at the time aside from Sunbelt. I had to run 1.5 hrs each way just to get this one.

A lot of people who make fun of batteries forget that things like Teslas, forklifts, and nuclear submarines are powered by them!

Philbert
Teslas are girls cars, and won't get out of their own way.........and are new to the combustion engine comparison. The Girls who driv them are hot.

Forklifts have been dribbling battery acid through-out mfging plants across America, since the '40's, and those lead acid batteries remain in 1-4 golf carts to this day....and, are certainly degraded by the association with lithium-ion.

and, well your last point is like a Bud Lite commercial? What part of nuclear has anything to do with batteries? Where is our fleet docking in S. Korea? Hope there are chargers on the pier? I have shore-power for my boats, but nuclear vessels won't make it up my canal...

Finally, "alot of people"? Philbert, you have out-done yourself on the FUN meter with this 1! Smile Philbert; you are a fun guy.

My family bought me a Ryobi and a 4ah plus an 8ah battery last Christmas. Was planning to use it for roughing out blanks for my lathe but this past winter was brutal on my trees and shrubbery. Ice and snow brought down a lot of limbs. I’ve been up on the ladder with the 4ah battery and there is plenty of juice to cut several broken 6” limbs at a time without a battery change. Love it !

Teslas are girls cars, and won't get out of their own way.........and are new to the combustion engine comparison. The Girls who driv them are hot.

Forklifts have been dribbling battery acid through-out mfging plants across America, since the '40's, and those lead acid batteries remain in 1-4 golf carts to this day....and, are certainly degraded by the association with lithium-ion.

and, well your last point is like a Bud Lite commercial? What part of nuclear has anything to do with batteries? Where is our fleet docking in S. Korea? Hope there are chargers on the pier? I have shore-power for my boats, but nuclear vessels won't make it up my canal...

Finally, "alot of people"? Philbert, you have out-done yourself on the FUN meter with this 1! Smile Philbert; you are a fun guy.
I had to laugh when I read this... Sure, cheap tools with tiny batteries suck, and battery recycling is questionable at this point... But anyone who dishes tesla on performance should try beating one with their stock v8 on some real roads. My friends dual motor makes his mustang cry.

I had to laugh when I read this... Sure, cheap tools with tiny batteries suck, and battery recycling is questionable at this point... But anyone who dishes tesla on performance should try beating one with their stock v8 on some real roads. My friends dual motor makes his mustang cry.
Then start comparing apples to apples. How much hp and torque does Tesla claim? Give the same to a gas or diesel then compare them. Till then it's moot.

Latest posts

Back