people that dont take spikes off before walking in gravel ,or over cement....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a very ignorant kid(should've been a sign) that came to work with us about a year ago who tried on a relatively new set of buckingham spurs and proceeded walk out in the gravel parking lot prodding the ground with the spike itself...sure glad they weren't mine...this has been my first post here at arboristsite, by the way, and I'm excited to learn from everyone and share my experiences as well!

Welcome

Nce I strap up first time for the day I don't take them off because they won't be comfy there after even wore the into the grocery store yesterday to get more water for the boys

Nce I strap up first time for the day I don't take them off because they won't be comfy there after even wore the into the grocery store yesterday to get more water for the boys

Hope the trip to the store didn't involve a ride on a horse.

If you dont want your spurs touching rocks you have to take them off before you touch the ground. rocks all we got:msp_w00t:

Might be a skinny guy/fat guy thing. I'm a fat guy, and I have to dull new spikes. I gaff in too far otherwise, and can't get loose without throwing myself out of the tree. Even on relatively hard barked trees. You see skinny guys having their gaffs razor sharp, and still needing to kick in hard to get a good set. Even with my fairly blunt spikes, I can walk up a tree and get a great set with the lightest steps. That can be an asset when you're on a stem that's borderline too thin to take your weight. Which happens a lot earlier for us fatties ;-)

Shaun

And I thot I was the only ,chub chub that climbed . People look at me and don'

Latest posts

Back