Personal Protective Equipment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevlar pants, hearing protection, sometimes a mask if I getting it in the face with sawdust. I have a pair of bugeye goggles for the hot days, milling something like ash. Gloves, I always wear boots. I've never found anything in log. I don't cut to much stuff from where people have been. (Mars?) The mill seems like a safe way to cut with a chainsaw to me.
But when falling I use my helmet system. I have both the Stihl and the Baileys special. Truthfully I like the Baileys. I could never get the face shield to stay on the Stihl. The Baileys, it's a little difficult to get the ear protection up but over all I like it better. And for almost half the money, Stihl can take a hike.
And as always the best protection is to not cut when your tired. Once I start tripping on branches or rocks that's when it's Miller time, quiting time.

Well,
I'm getting the peltor helmet system from bailey's. It looks like it should be pretty good. I don't really have the extra money to spend, but I only get one noggin. I'll let you all know how it works out when it shows up. The power respirator looked nice, but too much money now. I'm also going to start wearing a full respirator.

Latest posts

Back