Pic Albums

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yup. wait'n to see when you want to get together and log so i know when to send'em off:)

i'd hate to have them with dennis and have to use my 036, your big husky might actually win against it:D

Now Now Ryan if it makes you feel any better maybe I'll use my 064AV for a day or two instead :rolleyes: :D Then again maybe not :eek: Don't worry I'll let ya know when the time comes,you'll probally be able to stay at my house anyway's...

Later Rob...

in all seriousness how does the 64 compare to the 385??? i REALLY HATE to admit this but i REALLY like the 346:rolleyes: trying to come up with a reason to "try" (read buy) a 372:D

I personally like the powerband of the 385 compared to the powerband of my 064.I really think the are close to equal saw's I can't really pick one.If I were you I would definetly got out and buy a 372 from what I hear they are a excellent saw as well I almost got one of them instead of my 385.....I knew you would like your Husky :D

Later Rob....

Cooter don't drink
Russ the dog don't drink ,I had to set the beer down to take the picture. The only time he has bit me was when I brought home a new Husky. I drink lite beer because I am planning to send a picture of myself in a speedo with the 084 to the Stihl calender editors. Seth

Originally posted by Ryan Willock
in all seriousness how does the 64 compare to the 385??? i REALLY HATE to admit this but i REALLY like the 346:rolleyes: trying to come up with a reason to "try" (read buy) a 372:D

Congrats on your new little beast. The 372 is an excellent saw, I have one modified by Dennis and its a beauty of a saw (also got a beast side to it because it cuts like a bat out of hell). The 385 however, as I understand is "a big 372" ie. you get all thats good in the 372 but more cc's, they also seem to get the largest gains when hopped up.

PS. How did you like that chainspeed on the 346...:D

Otto, i love it!!! its incredable for a stock saw!!! i ran out of stuff to cut today:(

you need to have it hopped up - some time long time ago some canuck called Lambert or something:p loved his walkerized 357xp - anyway it was not his first hopped saw and I dont think he has had a stock one since (I think he has run over at least 20 saws with his skidder since then). Anyway, get Dennis to the work on it - its well worth it.:p Glad you're liking it - its one of the 3 best huskies IMHO.:blob2:

Ryan, the next AS saw junkie!!!

Be careful, you're about to get the bug, aka the saw disease.

You're already enamored with the little beast, after you hop it, you'll be hooked for ever.... just keep it out of the bedroom....

and wear more than just chaps.....

rb, i'm already adicted (driving the girlfriend nuts with saw talk!!) Otto, what do you consider the 3 best huskys?? 346,385,??? those two are a given.
i wear double knee loggers from carhart as well as 9 layer stihl promark chaps, stihl Promark boots and you guessed it, a stihl promark helment system:angel:
why keep it out of the bedroom??????lol:D

RB, did you get that 488 back from big D yet, how did he get
around the fixed jet high side? The thing is, you really don't
need much fuel on the high side to make a 2 stroke run. Just
want to know how Dennis dealt with no screws...........

hey Ryan, correct on those two. 372 is my third - darn close to 385 but nevertheless...

As for the other brand I like the 044 and 066.:cool: but not as much.

My choices are the 346, 372, and 3120. Make the most money with the 335 though, I guess. It gets the most use...

Dont have a 357, 385 or 395. The 395 is about the same, actually less power than my old dual port muffler 066, a great saw. The 385 stock seems heavy compared to the 046 or new Dolmar PS-7900. But everyone says it is a beast when modified. A modded 372 is plenty of saw til the 3120 is needed. And the 357 isnt really needed , when we have that powerhouse 346!

Ryan,

I knew it would'nt take you long to get the Husky bug,once you run one you just have to keep buying them.Gypo is definetly well known for flattening saw's with his Deere but I see he has'nt got the 088KD:cool: .So how do you like those ProMark chaps?I have been thinking about trying a pair right now I use Elvex Pro chaps.If I had to pick my three favorite Husky saw's they would be 346XP,372XP,and 385XP,and well I'd have to through in a fourth 3120XP for the big stuff:D .

Rb,

You should really try out a 385 it's a really good stump cut saw and excellent for bucking the bigger stuff,but you got a 3120 don't you ???They are a little heavier than a 046 but they also have more power than one also,I think they have a extremely good powerband as well..

Later Rob.....

12 Step Program

Hi Seth, is Cooter already on a 12 step program or something? Around here the dogs drink just like everything else, except those darned horses, they can really put down some brew, just no lite beer drinkin` goin on except in the yuppie/***(not straight) bars, and the gyms where the Speedo models hang out. Glad you clarified that. Russ

Hey rb, I have to agree with Rob about the power of the 385 compared to the 046. I know they are rated the same but even a stock 385 has alot more balls than the 046. I think Stihl is playing funny games with the numbers. Russ

Back