Pic of the year

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The kask eye pro set up is the best thing to happen to tree work since the chainsaw. Wont fog, you can't lose it and can be flipped on and off in seconds. Has saved my eye a number of times. Now post a pic.

actually the kask helmet sucks and that stupid visor gets covered in dust and dirt while the helmet is too hot and the plastic inside stinks and falls apart and the visor makes you lazy because you flip it up and down to cut and when you flip it up thats when the twig pokes you eye climbing to the next spot. and also when making a butt cut the visor seems to funnel the exhaust directly to your mouth and nose. oh and the tiny screws that hold the ear muff adapter on fall out so now the adapter flops around.

the start up husky helmet is better than that rip off.

actually the kask helmet sucks and that stupid visor gets covered in dust and dirt while the helmet is too hot and the plastic inside stinks and falls apart and the visor makes you lazy because you flip it up and down to cut and when you flip it up thats when the twig pokes you eye climbing to the next spot. and also when making a butt cut the visor seems to funnel the exhaust directly to your mouth and nose. oh and the tiny screws that hold the ear muff adapter on fall out so now the adapter flops around.

the start up husky helmet is better than that rip off.

I have a kask and i think its pretty nice. The visor works well but is not suppossed to elimanate the need to wear glasses. The visor is really nice when the wind is blowing chips in your face. Idk how it could ever funnel fumes into your mouth or nose.And the only loose screws anywhere in that area sure the hell arnt in the ear muff bracket. The padding could prolly be made outa something better. You def gotta take it out once a week and hand wash it cuz it will get very stinky. Its a very good helmet, kinda makes me wonder if you every really used one Ol dirty? juuuusstttt ssayyynn.......And BTW, all helmets are over priced.
And just for the record...I am only defending the helmet here.....I am not taking sides or want any part of the squabling around here.

As MR HOLDEN a 45 to his head clearly stated this is a picture thread not a sniffing fumes thread or stinky plastic thread so post pics and start a helmet thread ....:hmm3grin2orange:

How do you think i know all about what's wrong with it ace i have one sitting on my shelf in the shop waste of good money that thing i wore it for about a month before i went back to my petzl ...

How do you think i know all about what's wrong with it ace i have one sitting on my shelf in the shop waste of good money that thing i wore it for about a month before i went back to my petzl ...

I like the Kask, on my second now. I use the visor instead of the screen though, still get lashed in the face with the screen alone. Had 2 petzls in the past also, too wobbly....maybe my head is the problem. Fine with husky's also.

Truth is...I would prolly try a petzl next time. But I do like my kask. Except for the padding. It really gets gross. and just to stay on topic...View attachment 211885

Check out the Black Diamond half dome helmet. A lot like the Petzl but half the price. Boston Bull turned me onto them several years back.

The first one is actually was more over the house. The wires were pretty fair away. The other two was before I got my current bucket truck, all I had was a f350 with a telsta lift on it. It was a old telephone company truck, but it worked. I bought it cheap to see if I liked tree work and to see if I could make money in the business. Those last two photos are of the first tree I climbed. It had to be all roped down. House, wires, wires, neighbors house. Glad it was my aunts. It took me two days to cut it down, and a day to clean it up with two people.

The first one is actually was more over the house. The wires were pretty fair away. The other two was before I got my current bucket truck, all I had was a f350 with a telsta lift on it. It was a old telephone company truck, but it worked. I bought it cheap to see if I liked tree work and to see if I could make money in the business. Those last two photos are of the first tree I climbed. It had to be all roped down. House, wires, wires, neighbors house. Glad it was my aunts. It took me two days to cut it down, and a day to clean it up with two people.

Cool, thanks for clearing it up.

I've got a Pacific Kevlar, Petzl, and a Husky hard hat. Lately I've been running the Husky, probably because it fits like a glove on my big melon, doesn't have the annoying chinstrap, is very light, earmuffs are small and fit perfect for me, and I run the face shield for those suckers that get in your grill, hit the ground and it's perfect for feeding the chipper too.

They are weak and would probably fall off when you need it the most if you fell from a tree, but as long as it can take one good shot I'll take care of the rest.

Red Cedar take down

Less talk, more pics!...lol

IMG_1475.jpg

Last edited:
Silver maple removal - Fryeburg, ME
photo9.jpg

White pine removal - Kearsarge, NH
photo11.jpg

Sugar maple removal - N. Conway, NH
photo22.jpg

Last edited:
Silver maple removal - Fryeburg, ME
photo9.jpg

White pine removal - Kearsarge, NH
photo11.jpg

Sugar maple removal - N. Conway, NH
photo22.jpg

is everything below your feet in pic 1 dealt with by hand or is there a crane helping out on that job?

Back