Picked Up My New 361 Today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deezulsmoke

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Now I cant wait until tomorrow to get out in the woods and try it out. It really sucks sitting here at work all day knowing I have a new saw at home that I haven't gotten to run yet. I am just wondering if I will see that much of a difference between it and the 290 I had.

deezulsmoke said:
Now I cant wait until tomorrow to get out in the woods and try it out. It really sucks sitting here at work all day knowing I have a new saw at home that I haven't gotten to run yet. I am just wondering if I will see that much of a difference between it and the 290 I had.
Good choise! :rockn: :rockn:

I am sure that you will, but you will have to run at least 15 tanks trough it, before you get optimum performance.......:rockn: :rockn:

Lakeside53, I was going to check with you on the muffler mod you came up with. I didn't know if you would be interested in doing another one or not ? My lathe and everything else I had in my garage is boxed up right now. I would rather have someone do it that has messed with it before.

Lakeside53 said:
oh yes, you'll notice the difference... at tank one.
I'm sure you already noticed the difference already. "price"
I had a 029 super with a muffler mod, when I went to the 361 I felt it to run almost the same.

Get the muffler mod done on the 361 and you'll see a better difference.

manual said:
I'm sure you already noticed the difference already. "price"
I had a 029 super with a muffler mod, when I went to the 361 I felt it to run almost the same.

Get the muffler mod done on the 361 and you'll see a better difference.

Maybe your 361 is really beat:hmm3grin2orange:

Lakeside53 said:
Maybe your 361 is really beat:hmm3grin2orange:
believe it or not you can still see the cross cuts in the cylinder and no scoring marks at all.
the dang saw did do alot of riding around in a grapple skidder.It was used to cut tops off when the processor was busy.
The guys were using 246's they like the speed but were burning up the jugs
I talked them into buying a 361. Thanks to this site.

manual said:
Can't say the saw is worth the price.
But I can say it is one of Stihls best Designs.

It's a drag you feel that way, but that's a valid observation if you didn't get what you expected. But hey, it can't be a fit for everyone! Personally, I think it's Lake and FHCW's fault for giving you unrealistic expectations.:hmm3grin2orange:

No doubt it's better to be satisfied whether it be for $400 or $600 because then the money is forgotten. The money is not soon forgotten when you determine you have either spent too much or too little. Which is why money should'nt be, IMHO, valued too greatly when making the decision (like anyone here has that problem LOL!)

Observations of how poorly many tree services and lawn services around here treat thier equipment - they can't be too worried about equipment cost or performance (much less how they relate to one another!)

Chaser

SawTroll said:
Yep, they rock.....at least my German made one......:blob2: :blob2:

I forgot to mention Sawtroll above w/ Lake and FHCW...but then again it's understood that he should generally be blamed first and let it be decided later to what that should apply. Saves time in the long run... :hmm3grin2orange:

Ain't it great to have broad shouldersl?!? :D

Chaser

wagonwheeler said:
It's a drag you feel that way, but that's a valid observation if you didn't get what you expected. But hey, it can't be a fit for everyone! Personally, I think it's Lake and FHCW's fault for giving you unrealistic expectations.:hmm3grin2orange:

No doubt it's better to be satisfied whether it be for $400 or $600 because then the money is forgotten. The money is not soon forgotten when you determine you have either spent too much or too little. Which is why money should'nt be, IMHO, valued too greatly when making the decision (like anyone here has that problem LOL!)

Observations of how poorly many tree services and lawn services around here treat thier equipment - they can't be too worried about equipment cost or performance (much less how they relate to one another!)

Chaser
No I just feel that Stihl tacks on a hundred bucks just to have there name brand. My Jonsered cost the same as that Stihl and the jonny red is a bigger saw.

manual said:
No I just feel that Stihl tacks on a hundred bucks just to have there name brand. My Jonsered cost the same as that Stihl and the jonny red is a bigger saw.
Yep, but that varies around the world - it is just the opposite here, even though the Husky/Jreds are made just across the border.....:yoyo: :yoyo: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

SawTroll said:
Yep, but that varies around the world - it is just the opposite here, even though the Husky/Jreds are made just across the border.....:yoyo: :yoyo: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Isn't that crazy, And then to think that the same saw is sold at a lesser price in America

manual said:

Fantastic. You 'just feel'...

So your feeling has convinced you that all similar products do in fact cost the same to manufacture, import, distribute, warrant, promote? And all manufaturers should have the same overhead and profit and every similar product should cost the same?

C'mon, do you have this trouble w/ every purchase?

Why do people sell things here for more than they have in them?

If you have a product that people have for YEARS been pleased to pay for...and you're not struggling for sales...what's the incentive to cut profits that may or may not be what others surmise?

You were really making sense till you started to share your feelings! :laugh:

Don't get so emotional about it!:biggrinbounce2:

Chaser

Yes Manual, it is crazy - all saws cost less in the USA, but the difference obviously varies.....:angry2:

Last edited:
Back