Picked Up My New 361 Today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
manual said:
Isn't that crazy, And then to think that the same saw is sold at a lesser price in America

Trade/tariff agreements are incredibly screwed up. I had a friend/storeowner who went to china and bought around 60 dozen shirts direct at somewhere around .60 each and by the time he got them here it was like $23 each or similar. He said screw it and went back to buying in Soho.

Chaser

wagonwheeler said:
Fantastic. You 'just feel'...

So your feeling has convinced you that all similar products do in fact cost the same to manufacture, import, distribute, warrant, promote? And all manufaturers should have the same overhead and profit and every similar product should cost the same?

C'mon, do you have this trouble w/ every purchase?

Why do people sell things here for more than they have in them?

If you have a product that people have for YEARS been pleased to pay for...and you're not struggling for sales...what's the incentive to cut profits that may or may not be what others surmise?

You were really making sense till you started to share your feelings! :laugh:

Don't get so emotional about it!:biggrinbounce2:

Chaser
You are right I will try to control my feelings. Ultra pointed this out to me also.The fact is Stihl is over pricing there products. to make higher profits.
Why because the American people buy on Greed not need.
If they feel, sorry, See that Stihl is the best then they have to have it at a no cost issue. People are programed to think that the best has a high price to it.

I won't argue w/ that.

Many Americans spend money (or credit) like water. Except for my house I own what I possess...but that's not very 'American' anymore. And prices are pretty much set by what people are willing to spend - not afford.

Goodnight all. Taking the .45-70 out in the morning to go knock down some venny son. I know it makes no sense, but neither does having an 066 and no fireplace...

Regards,

Chaser

Some people are not satisfied unless they spend a lot of money for something. Stihl markets on this idea with their pro saws. :)

spacemule said:
Some people are not satisfied unless they spend a lot of money for something. Stihl markets on this idea with their pro saws. :)

The competition (do they really have any?) is real lucky that Stihl gives them a price umbrella to exist beneath...:popcorn:

spacemule said:

It sure made me sleep better at night! Even after all the expenive junk food and Starbucks coffee! :hmm3grin2orange:

So Husky charges less not because they couldn't charge more and sell just as much, but because they 'feel' for all those arborists and loggers that just can't pay what a mindless homeowner would? :cry:

Ok... I really gotta get some sleep if I'm gonna ambush bambi tomorrow...:D :cheers:

Chaser

Congradulations on your new 361 :clap: I got mine stuck in a 14" cherry tree today and while trying to cut it out with a second saw the tree jumped the wrong way and smashed Big Brutus my 361 :cry: Broke the front handle completely off and smashed the the honeycomb flywheel cover
smily932.gif
.......Grrrrrrrrr...pissed me right off :angry2: The dealer of course has to order both parts :mad: Good luck with your new saw :cheers: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.Talon

Lakeside53 said:
The competition (do they really have any?) is real lucky that Stihl gives them a price umbrella to exist beneath...:popcorn:
Stihls price umbrella is full of hot air and won't close.
Don't kid yourself Sthil is worried, No very worried.
why else would they point out the fact that they don't supply the saw to H.D. or Lowes. why Else would they wait till the patent ran out before they introduced the 441 having the same air filtration system as there "yes" competition.
Because there Density is being effected

wagonwheeler said:
So Husky charges less not because they couldn't charge more and sell just as much, but because they 'feel' for all those arborists and loggers that just can't pay what a mindless homeowner would? :cry:
No, Husky couldn't get away with charging what Stihl does. Husky guys are more concerned with performance per dollar, while Stihl guys are buying on name. :cheers:

talon1189 said:
Congradulations on your new 361 :clap: I got mine stuck in a 14" cherry tree today and while trying to cut it out with a second saw the tree jumped the wrong way and smashed Big Brutus my 361 :cry: Broke the front handle completely off and smashed the the honeycomb flywheel cover
smily932.gif
.......Grrrrrrrrr...pissed me right off :angry2: The dealer of course has to order both parts :mad: Good luck with your new saw :cheers: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.Talon
Oh No "says Mr Bill"
BTW did the 361 emblem make it through the smash up I could use a newer one that way Big Brutus can be a parts doner.

You learned the hard way but we all do.
Next time unscrew the bar nuts and take the chainsaw off.

manual said:
Stihls price umbrella is full of hot air and won't close.
Don't kid yourself Sthil is worried, No very worried.
why else would they point out the fact that they don't supply the saw to H.D. or Lowes. why Else would they wait till the patent ran out before they introduced the 441 having the same air filtration system as there "yes" competition.
Because there Density is being effected

You had a few tonight? Pointing it out? Marketing 101.. hit them in their weak spots, and.. patent on the air-filtration system..? na... Stihl sales this year are up over 20% from last year... and no hurricanes to blame it on! Wonder who bought all that stuff? Oh that's right, you bought one:ices_rofl:

Off to have a few myself!

talon1189 said:
smily932.gif

If you just want to replace the recoil cover with a decent used one, pm me... Same for the brake handle.

manual said:
Oh No "says Mr Bill"
BTW did the 361 emblem make it through the smash up I could use a newer one that way Big Brutus can be a parts doner.

Spend $3 and buy a new one, vulture...

Lakeside53 said:
You had a few tonight? Pointing it out? Marketing 101.. hit them in their weak spots, and.. patent on the air-filtration system..? na... Stihl sales this year are up over 20% from last year... and no hurricanes to blame it on! Wonder who bought all that stuff? Oh that's right, you bought one:ices_rofl:

Off to have a few myself!
No I traded a stilh for a stihl so it never effected there sales
20% thats because Thall bought all those saws.

manual said:
Oh No "says Mr Bill"

You learned the hard way but we all do.
Next time unscrew the bar nuts and take the chainsaw off.
Yup Manual.......my 361 emblem is fine ;) The new cover is gonna cost $48.00 + $48.00 for the handle :angry: Next time I will take off da bar :bang: I know that but was blank brained at the time :bang:I was still able to start up Brutus and finish the job thou :rock: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

talon1189 said:
smily932.gif

My sad ....................Big Smashed Brutus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>is Dead:cry: :cry:Almost

Brutus.......................//////////////////////falldown\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\go/////////////BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Andy

Lakeside53 said:
Spend $3 and buy a new one, vulture...
Hey what can I say It's a way of life.
Besides I don't want to make stihl go up to 21% sales increase for the year.
Trying to make them drop there price.

Latest posts

Back