Pics of firewood pile

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STLfirewood

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Here are some pics of the wood pile. Hope to have a lot more wood soon. There was 5 ranks on the green trailer and 3 on the flatbed. Going to fill the green trailer again tomorrow and split it.

Scott

Last edited:
Here are a couple more pics. Also I included a pic of the wedge on my hydraulic splitter. Does anyone know where I can buy another wedge like this or one abut the same size. It's form a different splitter project I hope to finish soon.

Mayan

Apparently you haven't heard the Mayan Calendars prediction that the world will end in 2012 and that you do not need firewood beyond then.

looks a mess

I do need to tidy the pile up a bit. On the front left opf the big pile there is some wood that needs to be moved to the junk pile. The junk pile is what my parents burn. It's all the stuff that isn't pretty enough to sell. I sell all that wood. It will be gone by the end of December.

Scott

the wedge

I don't know where to get another one, but it looks just like the wedge on my White Outdoors 32 ton unit. I bet it would be easy to make or, cheap to had made by a shop. How in the world did you break off the end piece on that splitter?

I bought that splitter used. It runs great but has split a lot of wood well over 400 cords. It was owned by a tree company. I bought it to just qurater up big blocks I couldn't lift. I had a big log on there and it just popped. It actually broke the I-beam off on the end. I'm going to see if my new splitter idea works for the big blocks. If it does I'm just going to hock this thing the way it is. Funny thing is that a splitter broke like that will still bring $500 or more at an auction around here.

Scott

Well guys I don't have a pile yet...but I just threw together the base for it tonight. I really only have room for a 16" face cord so thats what I went with...I got to throw a few more boards at it and it will be ready for some wood :)

Nothing nice now but hopefully sooner than later it will look like a wood pile :D

I have 50 full cords ready...still need another 100 full cords...hey STL what part of STL are you in?

I have 50 full cords ready...still need another 100 full cords...hey STL what part of STL are you in?

I'm in Hillsboro. That is about 30-40miles south of St.Louis What about you. Are you one of the Perryville guys or one of the Potosi guys. Those guys move a lot of wood. But most I have seen cross stack people. I was talking to one guy he told me that he stacks his truck full with 11 ranks of wood. When he sells it he stacks 15 out to the customer. I could never bring myself to do that. Do you buy a lot of wood or cut everything you sell.

Scott

Hansons wood pile

Damn, It looks like Hanson stacks his wood in the rack and then planes the outside edge!!! :jester: :jester:

Heres some more pics.
1. like the first i post but from the other side
2.From a other storge.My son i resting after a hard days work ;)
I got wood for 2 years now

Heres some more pics.
1. like the first i post but from the other side
2.From a other storge.My son i resting after a hard days work ;)
I got wood for 2 years now

That would be a perfect picture of your son if he had a beer in his hand. He looks like a big child. He's a good looking boy.

Scott

I'm in Hillsboro. That is about 30-40miles south of St.Louis What about you. Are you one of the Perryville guys or one of the Potosi guys. Those guys move a lot of wood. But most I have seen cross stack people. I was talking to one guy he told me that he stacks his truck full with 11 ranks of wood. When he sells it he stacks 15 out to the customer. I could never bring myself to do that. Do you buy a lot of wood or cut everything you sell.

Scott

No I am in St. Peters, near St. Charles. I don't cross stack or short people on wood ever. Last year I did 40 cords, this year I am going to do about 150 full cords (8x4x4). Most of our wood we buy as I grow and get some land I will get a nice splitter and get my own operation going.

Last edited:
Back