Pics of firewood pile

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Updated Pic

It's growing! :laugh:

Few pieces of Ash,Majority is Walnut and some Basswood. The Ash was from a small trim job I did for the trailer court I live in. Walnut and Basswood came from work.

Feels good to have some wood piled up again. Sure did miss it.

Use to split and stack a lot of firewood as a little boy at my uncle's farm. I was using a splitter on the back of the ol' John Deere than ;) Stacked it in the basement. He had a woodstove in the house...one in the garage....than he put an addition on to the garage so he had one in there. One in the shop and one in the sawmill.

What is the opinion on Walnut? Do you guys burn it to heat your house? We use to burn everything on the farm but I've heard a lot of people won't burn it. Reasoning being?

I burn pretty much whatever I can get my hands on except pine. Black Walnut is pretty good firewood. It's in the mid range for BTU's as far as hardwood goes, about the same as White Birch.

It's growing! :laugh:

{snipped}

What is the opinion on Walnut? Do you guys burn it to heat your house? We use to burn everything on the farm but I've heard a lot of people won't burn it. Reasoning being?

My brother-in-law has a saying for mowing his lawn: if it grows, I mows. I have a similar saying about wood: if it burns, I will. except for pine. but luckily, i have little pine on the land. and my wife won't let me touch them - she cuts them down for Christmas herself.... :laugh:

Here are some pictures of mine. My wife and I split what was piled by the splitter after I took the pictures. Now I have to stack it in the shed. That is her tractor and trailer. It's what we use to haul the blocks in. We're over 1/2 done for this year and we'll also get some of next years wood for a head start.

020_5.jpg

That was as of last June. There is around 30 cord including 8-9 under the maple tree to the left. It has grown by several cords and will expand several more when the farmer harvests his field so I can get at a couple bit ones hanging over the feild edge.

Harry K

Here's how we haul it...

Just thought Id throw a few pics up of how I've been hauling it. We were bringing in a load a day, but the heats slowed me to about 3 a week. I can load, transport and unload a full trailer in a day by myself, no equipment. But I sure don;t like to... There is just a little over 9 cords/load. I just upgraded to the blue truck, what do you think??

wood pile pictures and landscape

Was the picture/avatar showing the handsome blond model in front of the wood pile deleted or have I looked in the wrong place?, no don't get me wrong it was a very nice landscape portrait.

:chainsawguy: :bowdown:

Back