Pictures of my first CAD purchase

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah i have been looking at his shop, seems good. I am going to ask him about sprockets...

can you tell me what sprocket i need from the pics?

Cheers...

A rim sprocket KIT for a 024 and fish gave the info on the serial numbers:)

The serial number should be located just under the right muffler port, on a flat milled spot on the top of the case casting, right next to the bar cover (when the bar cover is attached) Should have about a dozen numbers, the first digit indicating country of mfg. 1 is Germany, 2 is USA.

Last edited:
Most of the other fellows have answered your questions except for the shutting off problem unless I missed that reply. The shutting off is controlled by the master switch in which the grounding wire, usually a black wire with a bare round brass looking end pushes into a hole in the switch and it makes contact with the metal spring tab sticking up below the airfilter, make sure that the bare end contacts the metal strip as that is usually the culprit . The air filter has to be in place for the switch to function properly. Oh, a nice looking saw after its bath , congrats!!
Pioneerguy600

Nice!!!

Really looks great after the claen up....Great job!!!!!!!

I fired it up earlier on, sounded ok, i didn't rev it much as it doesnt have all the bits and didn't want anything happening to the clutch. When i went to turn it off... hey presto, it turned off, which i am more than pleasd with, but when i have it up and running i will try it half a dozen times and give you a verdict. I did think it was a bad earth or something like that, so you have confirmed my thoughts.

serial number... erm... 112739640 could that be it? I can't see any other numbers and that one is kind of hard to read as it's on a dark grey piece f machined metal.

serial number... erm... 112739640 could that be it? I can't see any other numbers and that one is kind of hard to read as it's on a dark grey piece f machined metal.

Now we will just run that number throught the police computer:)
:greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

I really agree with Harry. There's not much difference power-wise between the 026 and the 024 Super. But there is quite a bit of difference in the vibration levels on the two, with the decided advantage going to the 024. Keep it. I have an 026 that I'd gladly trade for that Super if you were closer.

The sticker says "Made In West Germany", so that's a clue as to how old it is. It really cleaned up well, BTW. Nice job!:cheers:

I really agree with Harry. There's not much difference power-wise between the 026 and the 024 Super. But there is quite a bit of difference in the vibration levels on the two, with the decided advantage going to the 024. Keep it. I have an 026 that I'd gladly trade for that Super if you were closer.
that's interesting, why did stihl down-grade the vibe levels? 024AVS is very smoothe I admit though...

It isn't a super though... lol.

What would a muffler mod do for a normal 024AV?

Anyone help me out with the serial number?

Cheers. :)

It isn't a super though... lol.

What would a muffler mod do for a normal 024AV?

Anyone help me out with the serial number?

Cheers. :)

:dizzy: Uuuuh....sorry. :hmm3grin2orange: Guess I was mixing this up with another thread in which the poster picked up an 024 that turned out to be a Super instead. My statement still holds true, but it just doesn't apply here. LOL!

024AV, lets see. 7 tooth .325 kit-1121-007-1001
8 tooth .325 kit-1121-007-1002
7 tooth 3/8 Picco kit-1121-007-1004
8 tooth 3/8 Picco kit-1121-007-1005
7 tooth 3/8 kit-1121-007-1035
Take ya choice.....

Serail number really isn't worth looking up for a saw that old. Its 20 years out of warranty....

Here you go Buddy coutesy of Thall now give the man some rep!

The sticker says "Made In West Germany", so that's a clue as to how old it is. It really cleaned up well, BTW. Nice job!:cheers:

If I'm thinking right I thought I seen in the shop manual that if it was made in W. Germany than it was a pre 1987 after that it was built in Viginia Beach:confused:

Cheers!

Would Picco go ok on this saw then? I should imagine it would be quicker than the .325?

I dont think picco is available in full chisel so i wouldnt think it would be quicker.
Have a look at the size of the cutters on picco.... You dont get many sharpenings before they are worn out!

Latest posts

Back