Pictures of the Stihl MS362.... but for real this time.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the record, my favorite saw that I own is, hands down, my 361. Those that know me know how much I love it. However, the 362 looks like it's a better saw. Truley. After the 50 cc saw class, to me, weight makes less and less difference. ( to a degree). The weight complaint seems silly and I'll show you why. The MS361 weighs 12.3lb and makes 4.4hp. Therefore every pound of weight makes 0.3577hp. The 362 weighs 13lb's and makes 4.6hp. Therefore every pound of weight on this saw makes 0.3538 hp. That's a staggering .5% decrease in power to weight ratio. See what I'm saying?....You'll probably never feel the weight difference. I speculate you will feel better fuel economy, less filter maintenance, reduced noise, reduced or as good AV. I can't wait to run it. It looks like Stihl scored a hattrick on this one to me; Power, maintenance, fuel economy.

well if that's your thinking,then why not just run the 441 with 71cc with 5 and a half hp @ 14 and a half lbs.
i doubt your going to feel just one pound considering the huge cc gain, and get the work done way faster than a little 59cc saw could do anyway.
I dunno.I just think they had it right with the 361 for their 60cc class.
pushing the 70cc class to close for it to be worth running one at this point imho.
I mean it's like husky with their 362xp(372's little brother) sure it was great,and we all loved them.But in today's standards of power to weight,just feels like where not processing here.
361 beats 362 for 60cc class based on the specs to me in this day and age.

Last edited:
two things wrong with the 362.

flippy caps and you need a screwdriver to get to the air filter.

i'll take the 357/361 or wait for the new Husky.

That saw is going to be a winner. Stihl did a good job there. (You know 2K, it actually doesn't hurt to say something nice about the other side).

All strato saws are going to gain some weight. It's a fact of life. It's just like women; they aren't going to get thinner.

For the record, my favorite saw that I own is, hands down, my 361. Those that know me know how much I love it. However, the 362 looks like it's a better saw. Truley. After the 50 cc saw class, to me, weight makes less and less difference. ( to a degree). The weight complaint seems silly and I'll show you why. The MS361 weighs 12.3lb and makes 4.4hp. Therefore every pound of weight makes 0.3577hp. The 362 weighs 13lb's and makes 4.6hp. Therefore every pound of weight on this saw makes 0.3538 hp. That's a staggering .5% decrease in power to weight ratio. See what I'm saying?....You'll probably never feel the weight difference. I speculate you will feel better fuel economy, less filter maintenance, reduced noise, reduced or as good AV. I can't wait to run it. It looks like Stihl scored a hattrick on this one to me; Power, maintenance, fuel economy.

But your going to have to carry more weight for longer as the fuel tank will stay fill for longer:greenchainsaw:

(You know 2K, it actually doesn't hurt to say something nice about the other side).

I give credit where credit is due and don't say a whole lot of bad things about other brands, just disagree.:D I've run most of the popular "big 3" and the most impressive was Dolmar's 5100/7900. I just prefer Stihl but the other guys make some decent stuff.:cheers:

Just kidding...... here ya go. :laugh:

attachment.php

attachment.php

That plastic looks like a cheap Chinese knockoff.

Hahaha. I've been reading all this talk about the 362 thinking to myself if they only knew what I knew,hehe.

The 362 is nice, especially the filtration system, super nice. Its a completely new saw striaght from the drawing board, not a copy of any older saw in the Stihl line up. Its super smooth, winds up high and pulls great under a load. I think its just a tad heavier than the 361.

Now the 391, my lips are sealed,haha

Ya, Stihl finally got it right, just like Husqvarna did years ago!! :ices_rofl::ices_rofl:

Latest posts

Back