Pictures of the Stihl MS362.... but for real this time.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am happy to see that they (any saw mfg) are able to design a saw that meets the clean air stds. and doesn't weigh 20#s in doing so.......I have yet to cough up the dough for a 361, and kind of glad that I waited. That is providing Stihl isn't wanting $700 for the new model. I'm surprised that guys aren't #####in' about the weight of a scrench yet.....

All strato saws are going to gain some weight. It's a fact of life. It's just like women; they aren't going to get thinner.

This makes me glad I always liked fat girls...

Can I say that here?? Don't wanna' get too graphic!

That plastic looks like a cheap Chinese knockoff.

yeah,it does look kinda cheap.just needs to be put through a few cuts and get rid of some of that over shininess to it and it will look like a real saw lol.
well,it's that i suppose or they could go back and make the 038 tanks lol.
heavy,but they sure didn't look cheap.lightness is most important today.(provided they don't get to cheap on us and the plastic starts braking)
can't wait for the new age of carbon fiber!!!! im sure it's years away still.but that would look GREAT,stronger than steel and lighter as well!
who knows how many years it will take for carbon fiber to be cost efficient enough for mainstream things like chainsaws though.:(

Last edited:
I agree the handlebar looks really cheap for a pro saw :jawdrop: - but the heated ones hopefully will have a metal one, as with the 361.

The handle does look really cheap, but then again the 361 handle is el cheapo plastic too. Hopefully the wrap version is metal at least.

After having quickly read the thread I can say this:

1. Look better than the 361.
2. The filter system seems to suck big time. Prefilter, filter .. .
Why simply not avoid dust from getting in there like Husky does ?
3. 4,6 hp at 13 lbs. The 262XP will remain the strongest 60cc saw produced.
4. AV should be good. Copied from Husky.

Other that that it looks ok but will not cure cancer.
Whatever Husky launches in the 60cc class, it should have 4,8 hp.

:agree2: ... except for #1. :cheers:

The MS361xp still cures cancer though! :rockn::rockn:

...at least the Euro one....

Last edited:

Mr. Jealous is in the house!:monkey:

I will not comment on that, unless someone mounts a scrench holder on a saw - that is about the worst idea I have heard about.....:cheers:

LOL, I got a few of those laying around somewhere. Very handy when looking for a scrench but otherwise in the way. When I do find one of 'em, its going on the Mighty Oh 44.:bowdown:

For the record, my favorite saw that I own is, hands down, my 361. Those that know me know how much I love it. However, the 362 looks like it's a better saw. Truley. After the 50 cc saw class, to me, weight makes less and less difference. ( to a degree). The weight complaint seems silly and I'll show you why. The MS361 weighs 12.3lb and makes 4.4hp. Therefore every pound of weight makes 0.3577hp. The 362 weighs 13lb's and makes 4.6hp. Therefore every pound of weight on this saw makes 0.3538 hp. That's a staggering .5% decrease in power to weight ratio. See what I'm saying?....You'll probably never feel the weight difference. I speculate you will feel better fuel economy, less filter maintenance, reduced noise, reduced or as good AV. I can't wait to run it. It looks like Stihl scored a hattrick on this one to me; Power, maintenance, fuel economy.
To some weight makes no difference,10 or 15 years ago it made no difference to me but now that I am going on 60 years young I have to look at weight.When I start cutting here in the fall I will cut on Saturdays and Sundays at least 8 hours a day and a heavy saw now is not what I want.Thats why I have a Snellerized 359 and my brand new NE 346XP(that's making a little trip tomorow to OHIO)Weight does make a difference to some of us and those that it doesn't can get a heavy saw.

AV?...... Smoooooooth

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Time will tell if Stihls springs are any better than Huskys but so far so good with the others. :cheers:

Looks like they finally decided to build saws like Husky - the right way! :cheers:

Looks like they finally decided to build saws like Husky - the right way! :cheers:

They still use the ol' easy to break rear handle design - LOL :yoyo::yoyo:

It has been several threads on here about how to repair them, but none about repairing Husky or Dolmar ones - that is no coincidence if you look closely on the way thay are made (and at saws offered at E-bay)! :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
I think not brother. That spec isn't impressing me that much.
Being lucky to have a 262XPG, I would hardly buy a 362.

Yes but the 262xp is a living legend!! Hard to compare any 60cc saw to that.

Ya, they had to get with the times eventually!! But there not quite there yet. Look at the el-cheapo handle. LOL LOL made from recycled sewer drains.

Latest posts

Back