Pimpin aint easy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sport Faller

Gate Pimp
Reaction score
So i was talkin to an old timer today and heard him talk about "runnin pimp cat" back in the 70s
Not too sure what an act of pimp-cattery involves

Thanks, jake

So i was talkin to an old timer today and heard him talk about "runnin pimp cat" back in the 70s
Not too sure what an act of pimp-cattery involves

Thanks, jake

I don't know but I am sure there are some old timers around here that could show you how to pimp the cat or what ever.

Ok, so i wound up calling the boss and he said, in the old days when most everything was skidded with cats. Most of the skidcats had the blades removed to increase manouverability and reduce wieght. The pimpcat was usually a larger cat, like a 7 or 8 and it retained its blade. The pimpcatter was responsible for clearing trails and making roads and whatnot.

So does the cat with blade left in place then get Chrome chains, or a big shiny exhaust pipe, when you exit this skidder are you supposed to strut like a 12 year old rooster with #8 shot in his head. What made it Pimp, I see a new A&E series in the making, "Pimp my logging tractor", bring us your old worn out 230 hp skidder and we will swap out rims, engine, hydros and cage for cab. You get a super skidder with gps, ac, twin turbo, deeper dish wire wheels and a two speed 80 ton winch.

Move over "Pimp my Ride". . . We got a new show to air!!

attachment.php

Well got my new job title today.... Gate Pimp. Since im the new guy im grabbing all the gates ( as it should be). Well our new job has three gates within a quarter mile so im the official gate pimp

So does the cat with blade left in place then get Chrome chains, or a big shiny exhaust pipe, when you exit this skidder are you supposed to strut like a 12 year old rooster with #8 shot in his head. What made it Pimp, I see a new A&E series in the making, "Pimp my logging tractor", bring us your old worn out 230 hp skidder and we will swap out rims, engine, hydros and cage for cab. You get a super skidder with gps, ac, twin turbo, deeper dish wire wheels and a two speed 80 ton winch.

#### I'd settle for new tires... and cradle pins...

Jake, the real logger rides in the middle....Doesn't have to drive, doesn't have to open gates.......Just sits there and nurses that hangover:laugh:

Hey Jake! Gonna do any chopping this summer? Had to sell off my kit, but might go up to Libby in a couple weeks to spectate.
We finally found some new digs up in Marion.

Yeah i think were going to libby. Thats awesome you found a new place. Actually sold my axes too but still gonna do the axe throw and stock saw

Back