Pioneer bar help needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

propliner

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I recently rebuilt a Pioneer 2270 for a nice fellow from the U.S. and shipped the saw back to him. While crossing the border, the bar and chain mysteriously disappeared. After fruitlessly searching, I am wondering if anybody knows whether there is a bar still available for this saw or if there is a similar bar mount pattern from a newer saw that might work. I am looking for a 16" bar. The P-series bars do not work without modifications, and I no longer have the saw to do so anyways. Thanks everyone,
Propliner.

Mike Acres site lists that saw, but the bar mount pattern is unspecified. I might have the right bar, but I need to know what the mounting pad looks like.

Galde, the bar would be the same as for a Pioneer 1200, a more common saw. Just to make this a little more difficult, I need one in .058 and 3/8". There MUST be a few of these kicking around. I'll try to get a photo of the mount pad and then try to PM it to you.
-Propliner

Since your from Calgary, not sure if this info will help! about 20years ago my brother needed some parts for a old Pioneer he had. A small saw shop up in Sundre was able to help him out and had everything in stock not sure if the shop still exists but there cant be too many saw shops there, might be worth a try?.058 seems to be a Canadian standard?

I recently rebuilt a Pioneer 2270 for a nice fellow from the U.S. and shipped the saw back to him. While crossing the border, the bar and chain mysteriously disappeared. After fruitlessly searching, I am wondering if anybody knows whether there is a bar still available for this saw or if there is a similar bar mount pattern from a newer saw that might work. I am looking for a 16" bar. The P-series bars do not work without modifications, and I no longer have the saw to do so anyways. Thanks everyone,
Propliner.

I am not sure what bar fits the2270 but I have a lot of the Pioneer saws that were built between 1960 and 1973 and they use a Pioneer #472100 in 16"bar. Oregon made a lot of bars for the Pioneer saws as well but have no listings that I can find for them now.Chain is easily found and both 050 and 058 was used on the 2270, 050 on the US models and 058 on the Canadian saws. Pioneerguy600

Propliner.

I am not sure what bar fits the2270 but I have a lot of the Pioneer saws that were built between 1960 and 1973 and they use a Pioneer #472100 in 16"bar. Oregon made a lot of bars for the Pioneer saws as well but have no listings that I can find for them now.Chain is easily found and both 050 and 058 was used on the 2270, 050 on the US models and 058 on the Canadian saws. Pioneerguy600

Galde, the bar would be the same as for a Pioneer 1200, a more common saw. Just to make this a little more difficult, I need one in .058 and 3/8". There MUST be a few of these kicking around. I'll try to get a photo of the mount pad and then try to PM it to you.
-Propliner

I checked an old Sandvik bar and chain catalog. It lists the 1200 using the same bar as a 1400,1700,1800,2400,3200,P40,P-41,P-50,P-51,P-60. Using bar 1774-49 a 16" .058 gauge. Then checked Oregon on-line guide for those saws and came up with an 007 bar mount. No listing for a 16" bar. A 20" bar .058 gauge would be a 208RNDD007. Here is an 007 bar mount to compare with your saw.

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...a6c89606cb2b077288256e0e00201026?OpenDocument

Latest posts

Back