Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the P series saws, use a Husky bar, Oregon D009 mount. It is very close, but you may need to do some minor modifications to the adjuster pin hole, and/or oil hole.

PioneerGuy, what is the number on that Oregon bar in you pictures?

PS Thanks for getting them out & taking pics!!

I`ll post those numbers this evening after I get out the bar this afternoon and remember to write them on something. LOL
PIONEERGUY600

Artie the number of the Oregon bar is 208SLHKO95
It fits a lot of the Pioneer saws with 5/16 bar studs, it needs a little adjustment to the chain adjuster hole by cutting it a little further out toward the chain grove approx 1/8". I use an air powered die grinder with a 1/4" burr bit but a dremel tool or even a chainsaw file will do the job. I have this bar type on two of my model 1110 Pioneers currently.There is two other Oregon bars that fit various other Pioneer saws depending on the size of bar studs used . Pioneerguy600

Re: unknown bar

"The new bar is one I picked up at the saw shop here in town. It's got a little bit different mount, and the end won't fit past the clutch drum. any idea what it's for???"

Artie, I believe that the bar with the single groove and hole is for the P10 or P12 saws. They were the Frontier built saws made in Trail, B.C. and branded under many names. I've never tried one and was wondering if they were any good.

Propliner, from what I've heard, the Frontier saws were a pretty good little saw in their day. No personal experience, though. Thanks for clearing up my "mystery bar" for me!!

I have the dealers version of the Oregon bar ,chain and drive sprockets here so if I can look up anything for you let me know. There is also an online Oregon info site but I don`t seem to have much luck with it.
Pioneerguy600

IMG_2130.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

IMG_2126.jpg

IMG_2129.jpg

This is an NOS 24 " Pioneer bar that fits the HM,RA and 600 Series saws and some of the bigger cc saws that have 5/16 " bar studs. I have modified some of the bigger mount Homelite bars such as G.W.-19003-A1, they are very close to the original Pioneer bars and only need the oil hole adjusted a little to align with the Pioneer setup.
Pioneerguy600

Thanks for the info, PioneerGuy. I think I can scare up a 24" bar with a KO95 mount.

Well guy`s I have just sat here and read this thread all the way through from the start to end of last post , There was a lot of interest and quite a few posts of picts and info + questions and answers. I was hoping that some others would post some picts and snippets of history and info on the Pioneer saws.It seems a shame for this thread to fade into the gulag but maybe its time has come but I hope not.
Pioneerguy600

Never Say Die!

Hi Jerry and Fellow Pioneer Guy's

Jerry I think this thread is doing fine.I do believe there is a lot more fella's that could add their knowledge,maybe they don't want to be taken as know it all's.Come on guy's let's keep it going.I have a new's flash in the next day or so my mother in law will be bringing down three saws from her daughters husband, they need some major TLC I think, judging by the pictures.I just have not had the time to post pics yet.The saws that are coming,Pioneer 600,Pioneer 1074 and a Canadian.I think Jerry you mentioned they were made by a company Power Machinery,am I right?Had some rain the last couple of day's first in almost three weeks.P.S I bought a Stihl Kombi 90R the new4mix.The blower for it is like a witch's turbo broom.HaHa!
Lawrence Keep Those Pioneer Related Stuff Coming In!

Last edited:
Hello Jerry and Fellow Pioneer Lover's
Yuck,Lover's that's not what I had in mind.
Jerry I think this thread is doing fine.I do believe there is a lot more fella's that could add their knowledge,maybe they don't want to be taken as know it all's.Come on guy's let's keep it going.I have a new's flash in the next day or so my mother in law will be bringing down three saws from her daughters husband, they need some major TLC I think, judging by the pictures.I just have not had the time to post pics yet.The saws that are coming,Pioneer 600,Pioneer 1074 and a Canadian.I think Jerry you mentioned they were made by a company Power Machinery,am I right?Had some rain the last couple of day's first in almost three weeks.P.S I bought a Stihl Kombi 90R the new4mix.The blower for it is like a witch's turbo broom.HaHa!
Lawrence Keep Those Pioneer Related Stuff Coming In!

Sounds like you will have some old stuff to work on and new stuff to work with,does this all sound like work?
The Canadien was made by Power Machinery, if its a model 270 and you do not want the work of restoring it I would gladly purchase it and relieve you of the time,expense and bother of restoring it. Just to get my offer in ahead of any others, LOL .
Have fun with your combi system and be careful out there , do you have the pole saw for it?
Pioneerguy600

Don't give up on the thread yet, Jerry. This is a busy time of year for most of us, and finding time to post pics, etc. is hard to do. There still remains in my fleet, unphotographed: IELs AB, DD x2, Pioneers 1100, 1200, P41, P42, P51, Pioneer/Partners P42, P62, and PMs 270 and 275+. Maybe more... let me think........:)

Big Saw

Hello Again Jerry
That Canadien is a 270. I just looked at the pics again and right on the top cover to the left hand side it say's 270.It looks like quite a monster.What do you know about this big boy? Does it have lot's of power? I am anxious to see it for real, and get the grime off it.It seems that it's a yellow color.The 600 seems like a big saw as well.The 1074 does not seem that big but I have heard they have lot's of power as well.
Lawrence
P.S. Jerry I do not have the pole saw yet,just the trimmer and blower.Plan to get the articulating hedge trimmer and well ,they have ,I think 12 tool's for it.

Last edited:
Hi Lawrence

I'm in the Abbotsford area, and no, I'm not a logger. I'm just interested in the history of logging in this province, and of course interested in old chainsaws. Actually, any old mechanical stuff interests me, I'm an HD mechanic by trade. I do some milling as a sideline with a chainsaw mill, cut my own firewood, and help friends take out the odd tree here and there; that's about as close as I get to logging.

If anyone here is in the Fraser Valley area, the Abbotsford fair is on this weekend and Mike Acres is going to be there with old saws doing demos. He usually has a bunch of old iron there.

If I have Time!

Hi Artie
I'm in Maple Ridge not far away at all.I have a lot on the go this weekend but I may try and go out there.Hope the weather is nice for it.Have you been to Mike Acres museum,I mean I think he has one but don't really know anything about it.Checked out the website many times but I can not seem to find out where he is or if anyone can go and check it out.Someone mentioned the Still Creek area in Burnaby.
Lawrence

Hello Again Jerry
That Canadien is a 270. I just looked at the pics again and right on the top cover to the left hand side it say's 270.It looks like quite a monster.What do you know about this big boy? Does it have lot's of power? I am anxious to see it for real, and get the grime off it.It seems that it's a yellow color.The 600 seems like a big saw as well.The 1074 does not seem that big but I have heard they have lot's of power as well.
Lawrence
P.S. Jerry I do not have the pole saw yet,just the trimmer and blower.Plan to get the articulating hedge trimmer and well ,they have ,I think 12 tool's for it.

The PM 270 should have a red top cover and a creamish white main body. They were 95 cc of power and could keep up with a Pioneer 600 at 103 cc quite well. Our next door neighbors had one for years and I worked with and on that saw many times. They always promised me that it would be mine someday and I looked forward to getting it. We moved away when I was 15 and and only seen them occasionally after that but found out many years later that they had thrown the saw out in the trash when it would not start any more. I was away from home working and they could not contact me easily.
The 600 will have all the power you want in a chainsaw for blocking and the 1074 is a little 50 cc class saw that does ok in small wood with a 16" bar,its a lot like your P25.
There is a lot of tools for the Stihl multi and are mighty handy tools,we have the pole saw,blower,sweeper,hedge trimmer and snipper/saw blade attachments for it and they get a lot of use. Pioneerguy600

PS; You can call Mike Acres at (604) 294-6294 or fax(604) 294-1687 You can also look up the mailing and site info by going in to the Mission statement part of the chainsaw collectors site.
Pioneerguy600

Back