Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm broke enough as it is right now Jacob. Don't get my mind working too far ahead. Since I busted myself up. I won't be financially set until after the first of the year.

You'll be up and about soon enough...which gives me time to remember where I put all those parts...When I get them rounded up I'll bring them over and you can build up a saw.

You'll be up and about soon enough...which gives me time to remember where I put all those parts...When I get them rounded up I'll bring them over and you can build up a saw.

You serious Jacob? That would be awesome of you to do. I know I would have to ask you for some tips and pointers. Right now I'm going to need something to get me by. As of this coming Monday, I'm laid off from work. With an unknown restart date. So I might actually have to find a different job. Once my leg is healed up that is. Monday I also have to have the lower screw removed from the rod. Much fun eh?

Oh. For the guys out there. Would a 30" Oregon Power Match Chainsaw Bar (303RNDD009) fit on my P42HP? It doesn't state if the bar gap is a 9.5mm or not. Let alone the notched adjusted holes.

P42hp

Not too sure about that bar fitting the P42HP but I think the saw would probably fetch between $225 and $300 if in good shape with nice paint.

decals

I'm wondering if anyone has located any decals for the Pioneer, P/P and Poulan Pro rebadged saws. It's the one thing that I can't seem to find anywhere and I don't want to have to have them made up in such limited numbers, gets way too expensive. I'd be willing to pay a decent price for originals, though.

crane ,the HM and the HC are most likely to be able to use the same clutch cover, they look the same and are close in years of manufacture. This is my IEL model HC ,its a very good running saw with very low hours of use on it.
IMG_1928.jpg

IMG_1929.jpg
IMG_1930.jpg

Pioneerguy600

I'm wondering if anyone has located any decals for the Pioneer, P/P and Poulan Pro rebadged saws. It's the one thing that I can't seem to find anywhere and I don't want to have to have them made up in such limited numbers, gets way too expensive. I'd be willing to pay a decent price for originals, though.

I got some Pioneer decals up for grabs, what do you want? I have one each for 1073 and 2073, along with one of the "Easy-Arc" starting, and model badges for P-20,21, and 25. They're free to a good home.

You serious Jacob? That would be awesome of you to do. I know I would have to ask you for some tips and pointers. Right now I'm going to need something to get me by. As of this coming Monday, I'm laid off from work. With an unknown restart date. So I might actually have to find a different job. Once my leg is healed up that is. Monday I also have to have the lower screw removed from the rod. Much fun eh?

Oh. For the guys out there. Would a 30" Oregon Power Match Chainsaw Bar (303RNDD009) fit on my P42HP? It doesn't state if the bar gap is a 9.5mm or not. Let alone the notched adjusted holes.

Yep, when I get all the parts rounded up we'll get together and hotrod some Pioneers and Macs. I'll bring over a couple of my hotrod Macs and I'll show you what's up with them.

Hey when your leg gets healed up mostly, I've got a couple job leads for you. I know Karen McNeil is going to be hiring this winter, she's got a big thinning contract with Medford BLM.

Re: decals

Thanks for the offer on those decals, but unfortunately they are for models I don't own. I am looking in particular for decals for slightly newer saws, namely the ones in my signature below. The "easy arc" one would be great though. I'll send a PM.

Last edited:
Yep, when I get all the parts rounded up we'll get together and hotrod some Pioneers and Macs. I'll bring over a couple of my hotrod Macs and I'll show you what's up with them.

Hey when your leg gets healed up mostly, I've got a couple job leads for you. I know Karen McNeil is going to be hiring this winter, she's got a big thinning contract with Medford BLM.

Karen McNeil with Timberline? I know quite a few people that work/have worked for her. Good crew on fires, #1 in the state of Oregon is I have my beans right. Hotrodding would be awesome. I can say this. I can bring the beer. Gives me something to look forward to this coming winter. Thank you Jacob.

spikes

Mile9, I just looked through my parts and found one, brand new with hardware. I could loan it to you to copy and to match up the hardware. These big Western style spikes are sure hard to come by but would be simple to make. Shoot me a P.M.

A quick edit... I just noticed that in that Acres photo it shows both types. Which kind were you looking for? Western or standard? I might have both.

Last edited:
Pioneer flywheel problem

Hi guys,

I wanted to remove the flywheel on a pioneer 3270, I just assumed the
thread would be right hand, put the rattle gun on then stripped the thread in the nut .
Are pioneer the only ones to use left hand thread on the flywheel side?,
now i have to try and get another nut from somewhere.
Does anyone know what size thread it would be?

cheers gmax

Back