Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could probably use the button off of an XL-12, XL-101 series, or similar manual oiler pump. They just snap off and on. If you can't pull that beast over, send it out here and I'll send you a Husky 350 that's much easier to start.:D

Don't drill that passage out. Maybe the valve is clogged. Unscrew the valve and check to see if the passage from the poppet valve to the little port on the side is clear.

Got him running but broke my purtty red 'D' handle crankin' him. Had to resort to the nasty old GumOut method. Decomp. button pops out when the engine starts so that works correctly.

Run him for quite a while at a fast idle and dialed in the low speed mixture. Oil pump puts out a lot of oil in ten minutes.

When you hit WOT you can hear the governor kick in and out.

Turn the oil pump screw in (CW) or out (CCW) to decrease oil output? We have a 30" bar he came with.

Should be easier to crank now that the assembly lube has been blown off the piston and rings.

As Phil says. "We be Happy, Happy, Happy." ............................................................................................................................Except me arse hurts.

If you're partial to yellow, I've a Mac 110 or a Power Mac 320 I'd be willing to trade as well.
Lou

This is what I would do with a PM 320.

View attachment 309128

Well now, ..we can`t have that. Can we?

I'm thinking along the lines of a round wood drawer pull like my model 3200 has.

attachment.php

The good news is: I got the PP-655BP back together. Only took two years.:msp_w00t:

Repaired the fuel/oil tank partition, new piston w/rings, main bearings, crank seals, four new buffer/isolators and replaced misc. dog eared screws. Feels like it has great compression.:clap:

The bad news is: After two days standing at the workbench, my hemroids are barkin' and I can't pull the s.o.b. over.:msp_w00t:

Painted myself into a corner.

Two words Carl: Corn starch.

Nice saw. BTW! :cheers:

The Poulan Whatzit lives.

Ran him a little yesterday and found the rakers needed attention. Spent the evening making them just right (by my eyeball).

Ran him just a short time ago and O.M.G.. He marched thru a 20 maple log scary fast.

attachment.php

Also starts in 4-5 pulls but, You got to push in the decomp. button every time or he will hurt you.

That's why the P65/PP655 is my favorite saw. Looks great, the weight is good for a 100cc saw and very powerful.

Found a wood knob at the hardware store.

attachment.php

1" birch ball in some bins along with other spindles and wheels for wood toy cars. Drilled pilot hole out to 1/4" and used Gorilla glue.

The note on air filter lid is to 'geezer proof' the starting drill. Usually four pulls are all that is necessary.

attachment.php

1" birch ball in some bins along with other spindles and wheels for wood toy cars. Drilled pilot hole out to 1/4" and used Gorilla glue.

The note on air filter lid is to 'geezer proof' the starting drill. Usually four pulls are all that is necessary.

Nice custom touch, wooden ball oil pump buttons may catch on. You going to use an oil finish on it?

Nice custom touch, wooden ball oil pump buttons may catch on. You going to use an oil finish on it?

I have a small can of MinWax wood finish in dark walnut. So far, I have resisted using it.

It would be overkill to give it three or four coats, grain filled and sanded smooth between like I'd do a gunstock.

Well, maybe one coat.......................................................But, not sanded................................................................nope.:msp_scared:

I have a small can of MinWax wood finish in dark walnut. So far, I have resisted using it.

It would be overkill to give it three or four coats, grain filled and sanded smooth between like I'd do a gunstock.

Well, maybe one coat.......................................................But, not sanded................................................................nope.:msp_scared:

Ah,..come on, sanded and the napp raised and resanded...LOL

650 parts & question

got a 650 yesterday for the grand sum of $10. is missing top cover, shroud, and has ra muffler. were any 650's made w/this muffler? if not then I have a decent spare, and also need correct one... just throwin out a feeler for availability of these parts. saw rolls over w/ what feels like good comp, will check it over better today.

Yard Sale Saws

I picked these two saws up today at a yardsale. First saws I have found in weeks. The 61 is in good running condition and has the full covered muffler without the chainbreak. There is no hole in the top for the chainbreak. I am sure I will find a good home for the Reed Prentice.

I picked these two saws up today at a yardsale. First saws I have found in weeks. The 61 is in good running condition and has the full covered muffler without the chainbreak. There is no hole in the top for the chainbreak. I am sure I will find a good home for the Reed Prentice.

Might find its way to Joe`s place....:msp_biggrin:

Back