Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a Pioneer you don't see everyday. Model 1850 @ 107cc's
of geardrive power. This one arrived today from the west coast.
I was contacted by the seller and after seeing the pic's i just had
to have it. It's in really nice shape but will need the ignition and
fuel system gone through. But it doe's seem to have good compression.
Hasn't run in years and has all that old gas smell.

Lee

Last edited:

Lee

That is a very nice saw. We don't see the gear drive saws in this area. A rare find indeed.

Lee

Very nice Lee it was made almost in my back yard lol :cheers:

P62 Junk

Went to see my friend P62 Jeff the other day . Need help in his Museum got a couple things he was going to through out for scrap not good enough for his Museum . one to rusty . 1 decals no good and 1 not a Pioneer . He told me to through in bin :hmm3grin2orange:

It never made it to the bin :hmm3grin2orange:

I'd give ya a like Joe... but there gone for now. :( There's a good bit of P41 stuff on ebay right now (decals and such). I don't know if the P41 needs a piston/cylinder or not, but there was a used set on ebay last week. I'm not sure if it's still there, I was going to buy it just to have around, but never did. There not easy to find for the P41.
Nice looking stuff. :cheers:

I'd give ya a like Joe... but there gone for now. :( There's a good bit of P41 stuff on ebay right now (decals and such). I don't know if the P41 needs a piston/cylinder or not, but there was a used set on ebay last week. I'm not sure if it's still there, I was going to buy it just to have around, but never did. There not easy to find for the P41.
Nice looking stuff. :cheers:

Thanks ED I think it is a good idea and would make the saw look so much nicer :cheers:

Pioneer1850001_zps8ed97a14.jpg

I don't normally venture from the P series saws, but dang... that is a wicked looking saw.
Congrats again Lee. You suck.
Now I have another one on my want list.

Pioneer1850001_zps8ed97a14.jpg

I don't normally venture from the P series saws, but dang... that is a wicked looking saw.
Congrats again Lee. You suck.
Now I have another one on my want list.

Thanks Ed and good luck finding one.
I don't have any idea as to how many of these
Pioneer geardrives were ever made but between
the 850,1850 and 1870 they seem to be extinct.
This was definately a great score and it's now a
great runner.
Wish you luck in finding one.

Lee, you really do suck and I mean really suck. I would consider that one of the Pioneer holy grails.

Well at least it's in a good place and owned by a good guy.

Maybe I can beat you to a 1750!

I to Mark think it's one of Pioneers Holy grails. It's a very
hard saw to find. Now i need to find the 1750 or 1770 to
go with this one.

And i know, I do Suck. :hmm3grin2orange:

Lee

Sorry to threadjack this will be the one and only time and is pretty on point.
My chainsaw yardsale has not had a Pioneer "enthusiast" yet. Any of you guys in Ohio might want to come relieve me of a bunch of NOS parts, good used parts, saws, etc, even Pioneer 2 cycle mix in metal cans and service tools and patches, got a complete runner 650 and a near complete 650 as well. NOS and perfect used top covers.
Just sayin, had two of the days of the sale and have filled some online requests, but I have reason to believe the remainder of the haul will change hands late tomorrow.
Dave

Sorry to threadjack this will be the one and only time and is pretty on point.
My chainsaw yardsale has not had a Pioneer "enthusiast" yet. Any of you guys in Ohio might want to come relieve me of a bunch of NOS parts, good used parts, saws, etc, even Pioneer 2 cycle mix in metal cans and service tools and patches, got a complete runner 650 and a near complete 650 as well. NOS and perfect used top covers.
Just sayin, had two of the days of the sale and have filled some online requests, but I have reason to believe the remainder of the haul will change hands late tomorrow.
Dave

You'r killin' me 'cause I can't get there.:cry:

You'r killin' me 'cause I can't get there.:cry:

If you have a favorite model, shoot me a PM, small parts n soft goods $4 per package and bigger stuff crazy reasonable too, I am a site sponsor or wouldn't shamelessly tout my wares here :)
same applies for other pioneer guys too
Dave

Need a little advice

I see this thread has been running for a long time, and I KNOW someone out there can tell me where to find a chain tensioner and guide plates for my P51. I'm a newbie to the site. Anybody think they can help me out?

Back