Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got a 650 yesterday for the grand sum of $10. is missing top cover, shroud, and has ra muffler. were any 650's made w/this muffler? if not then I have a decent spare, and also need correct one... just throwin out a feeler for availability of these parts. saw rolls over w/ what feels like good comp, will check it over better today.

No the 650 never came with an RA muffler on it, the 650 was the last of the 600 series saws and used the same muffler as the 620, 620 Super

I picked these two saws up today at a yardsale. First saws I have found in weeks. The 61 is in good running condition and has the full covered muffler without the chainbreak. There is no hole in the top for the chainbreak. I am sure I will find a good home for the Reed Prentice.

Yard sales?!!!

Dang, you canuks have all the fun.:msp_w00t:

No the 650 never came with an RA muffler on it, the 650 was the last of the 600 series saws and used the same muffler as the 620, 620 Super

thanks for that, guess I got a decent spare. like the way it sounds, thinkin it would be nice on 1690, don't like tin can that's on it. seems like baffle is maybe missin... you got 650 parts I need? looked @ chainsawr, no luck there. any ideas where else to look? thx. pete.

Last edited:
P42 carb help

My P42 has been running great but I started it last night just to hear it run and it would die when I squeezed the trigger. Now it won't restart. I checked spark and it's good so I'm feeling like it's a fuel problem. What should the needles be set at to start trouble shooting?

My P42 has been running great but I started it last night just to hear it run and it would die when I squeezed the trigger. Now it won't restart. I checked spark and it's good so I'm feeling like it's a fuel problem. What should the needles be set at to start trouble shooting?

If it has the Tillotson carb on it the L should be around 1 -1 1/8 turns out and the L around 7/8 - 1 turn out to start off with, then adjusted for both idle and WOT after the saw is running.

If it has the Tillotson carb on it the L should be around 1 -1 1/8 turns out and the L around 7/8 - 1 turn out to start off with, then adjusted for both idle and WOT after the saw is running.

Thanks, that's what I needed to know. I figure the second adjustment is the "H".

Last edited:

Check the fuel line inside the tank. It's common for them to crack at the nipple where the line exists the tank.
If you need any parts, let me know.

IEL Pioneer Twin

An IEL Pioneer twin parts saw. I have been looking for a complete clutch for quite a while. This saw came from the big auction in BC. I was lucky enough to have a very nice couple from BC send this saw to me. The saw was in one of about 18 bins full of parts and pieces. The serial number is very low
PT0493-3

An IEL Pioneer twin parts saw. I have been looking for a complete clutch for quite a while. This saw came from the big auction in BC. I was lucky enough to have a very nice couple from BC send this saw to me. The saw was in one of about 18 bins full of parts and pieces. The serial number is very low
PT0493-3

people in Chilliwack I met few wk ago had one, & other stuff. am I close? just curious....

Check the fuel line inside the tank. It's common for them to crack at the nipple where the line exists the tank.
If you need any parts, let me know.

Got the saw fixed last night and saw your post this morning. You were right though. Turned the saw on it's side and gas was going everywhere. Tracked down a break in the fuel line and did a temporary fix. What size Tygon do I need? I'm assuming that would be the best replacement.

people in Chilliwack I met few wk ago had one, & other stuff. am I close? just curious....
That would be the right area. I am just glad they agreed to send me the saw. I could not get to the auction, and the auction company would not ship. All items were to be removed in 24 hrs. I watched the saws and parts sell online but I have been told the online results and what stuff sold for don't add up. A lot of stuff was grouped together and sold for one bid??? Wish I could have been there.

Last edited:

PT0493-3

Very nice Jeff glade to see you got it :popcorn:

Got the saw fixed last night and saw your post this morning. You were right though. Turned the saw on it's side and gas was going everywhere. Tracked down a break in the fuel line and did a temporary fix. What size Tygon do I need? I'm assuming that would be the best replacement.

It uses 1/8" id 1/4" od. The piece inside the tank is 5 1/4" long and a 7 1/4" piece to the carb.

Latest posts

Back