Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine is bent differently, maybe homemade, works...
That is a factory OEM linkage. I have seen most everything used in place of them, finish nails, coat hanger bent to fit, several lops of rabbit wire and even stranded picture hanger wire goober rigged to connect the trigger lever to the carb.

I got it cleaned up, and it'll run if I pour gas in the carb. I've got new fuel lines, filter, and a carb kit on the way. And it's getting a 32" bar! Can't wait to get this thing into some wood!:chainsaw:

If anyone here wants to Join the P26 owners club, I'm looking for a Pioneer friendly home for one. I'm running out of room and I can't keep everything. I would trade it for a large mount Husky bar longer than 24" I'll pay shipping on the saw. PM me if interested.

I've had this saw since my Grandfather died. He took good care of his stuff. I know the oiler needs attention and I think the air filter needs replacing. [Could be the flocking is coming off? I don't remember.] Has not been run is a long while. The bar is now painted with gray implement paint. I made the sticker on the bar with my inkjet.

DSC01162.jpg

DSC01161.jpg

DSC01165.jpg

DSC01166.jpg

I found a P45 (at least that's what the guy tells me) on my local Craigslist, I can pick it up for $125.:)

I've just got a couple questions about the saw... :chainsaw::chainsaw:

1. It's got a 36" bar on it, the guy says it has no problems pulling it. According to my research, it's only 72cc and it shouldn't really have a bar that size???

2. Is it really worth that much, or is that a good deal?

It is a decent saw from what I can tell and from talking to him, so I'm definitely tempted. Like I need another saw!:rolleyes:

Thanks!

I'm hoping this is a good place to post this.

So today I was going through a box of pioneer parts that I have and found an ignition module for I believe some sort of Pioneer. I know it doesn't fit any of the models I have. I bought it from a guy that told me it was working and it was for a P-41. At the time I didn't know what the module on a P-41 looked like and after looking at mine, I don't think he did either. At least it's not like the one on the P-41 I have.

Is this a module that anyone may need. If someone could use it either to get a saw running or as a spare for a saw they have, I'd like it to go to someplace it could be used to keep an old Pioneer running.

Will that thing pull a 36" bar? It's an hour drive from me. I'll see what I can do about picking it up, but I'm still thinking about buying it for myself!

It will pull it if you are cutting a 12" pine, but don't expect it to do well buried in oak. If you get the saw I would be interested in the bar if you don't want it.

I figured it was bigger than a P45, he said it's "a beast" with the 36" bar. I haven't seen it in person. :rolleyes:

I had my brother pick up the saw and he told me the tag says P45 cwp?
The guy told him it takes a real man to run it. :laugh:
I haven't seen the saw in person, but it does run...

Latest posts

Back